Work boots

/ Work boots #121  
I really like my newer Danner boots. One of my daughters got me started on them. My last pair was a size too small and made my toes hurt. Gave them away, got a new pair the right size. I can wear them all day without any issues.

/ Work boots #122  
I fortunately do not have finicky feet and can wear just about any boot. I totally understand those of you that need certain boots, I am just glad I can buy a reasonably priced boot.

/ Work boots #123  
For the past 10 years or so I have used Hi-Tec Altitude xx boots. They changed the model every so often and I likely started with Hi-Tec Altitude III's or so. The current ones are Hi-Tec Altitude VI I WP as shown here:

Hi-Tec Altitude VI I WP.JPG

I find the fit consistent, the boots are light and waterproof until they finally break down, which usually is around one year. I hike each day over fairly rough terrain and also use them for all my work. I always keep a spare pair and order another spare on sale (usually Amazon or locally) as soon as the ones I am wearing start to look like they are breaking down. My current boots were in rough shape in September. I saw a pair on Amazon.CA for $130Cdn and thought about it because the previous pair was around $100Cdn. There was one pair of size nine left. When finally made up my mind, they were gone. I have watched since but the price is away up. In Canada the Amazon "Other Seller" wants $214 for my size. I see Amazon.COM has them for about $90US which would be about $125Cdn and then I have to pay shipping plus perhaps duty plus federal GST and Provincial Sales Tax. I do have a spare pair of Altitude VI I WP on hand but wanted to order another spare pair for when I discard my present boots.

So Friday I ordered a pair of these Camel boots for $60Cdn(they say regular $137 Cdn) with free shipping and likely duty and tax-free from AliExpress.com:

Camel AliExpress Boots.JPG

I considered another Camel model for $75 (regular $136Cdn) but decided to stick with these because they look similar to my Altitude VI I WP's and they're cheaper. If they work out they will probably become my new standard.

My current Altitude VI I WP boots have lasted 16 months so far despite much harder use last spring and summer than previous models. A vertical seam from the ball of the foot to the top of the boot above the arch failed in September but the boots still are mostly waterproof. The internal layers must be waterproof. Also, whatever they use for an outside coating on the leather has worn off on much of the boots but does not affect their utility. With spring around the corner I'll soon have a real test of how they will they are maintaining their waterproofness. The Altitude VI I WP's have been the best model so far. The Altitude IV's that I had were the worst. The stitching at the top by the heel failed after a few months. I got it repaired and the upper separated from the sole a few weeks later. I wrote a review on Amazon saying I generally liked Hi-Tec Altitudes but the Altitude IV was disappointing. From the Amazon ratings it looks like others had similar experience.

I do have the spare set of Altitude VI I WP's on hand but prefer to wait for the Camel boots so I can test them and keep the Hi-Tec boots as spares. I'm interested to see how the Camel boots from AliExpress work out.

I also have some heavy 3/4" steel shank climbing boots that are very tough, comfortable and waterproof. I seldom use them because they are heavier and harder to put on but they are good for tough work.

I'll try to remember to report back on this thread about how the Camel's work out.

/ Work boots #124  
I'm pretty hard on boots also. And I'm a comfort freak for my feet. Wesco, Danner, and Whites cost more, but considering the time they last plus you are able to rebuild them, do the math.

Mark Knopfler - Quality Shoe - YouTube

Nothing like a quality shoe.

Nothing like a Leddy’s boot, according to some.

Birth of a Boot - Texas Co-op Power

>>>To get from the front of the store to the boot department, customers have to pass through two rooms of high-end Western wear, hand-tooled belts and saddles, and cases displaying silver and gold belt buckles. But Pete Bonds isn’t distracted. He is here for one thing: to order a pair of what many ranchers, farmers, oilmen, barrel racers and cutting-horse champions not to mention lawyers, surgeons, car dealers and football coaches consider the best boots in Texas.<<<

TBS

/ Work boots #125  
I'm pretty hard on boots also. And I'm a comfort freak for my feet. Wesco, Danner, and Whites cost more, but considering the time they last plus you are able to rebuild them, do the math.

Mark Knopfler - Quality Shoe - YouTube

Nothing like a quality shoe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
True but gee wiz at $470.00 that aint happening, that will buy a lot of footbeds insoles and thats where my comfort starts.......

That was neat tune I was tapping my toes to it, think I'll put it on my play list right next to this one>>>>>>> The Happy Wanderer - YouTube

/ Work boots #126  

Falling down when carrying or running a chain saw can be rather exciting. :eek:
Let us know how they work out. I have a pair of the rubber slip-ons which you can buy in nearly any general store. They work good until you step off into the bushes, where they quickly come off.
Yours strap onto the boot better so should be better than mine in the woods.

/ Work boots #127  
ALL: I'm looking to see what others like cause i'm ready for a change so marking this thread to read later.

/ Work boots #129  
Past 2 days I spent about 9hrs straight on my fee. Concrete floors and 10,000+ steps a day. My feet were amazingly comfortable all day. No pain or fatigue hat so ever. .. I wish I had tried these boots years ago.

/ Work boots #130  
Past 2 days I spent about 9hrs straight on my fee. Concrete floors and 10,000+ steps a day. My feet were amazingly comfortable all day. No pain or fatigue hat so ever. .. I wish I had tried these boots years ago.
Okay had to go back and see what you posted, Carhartt Irish Setter? I go to the site and it seems this is a style but lots of choices. Which one did you get? Is this the one, Wingshooter?

Men's 6-inch Waterproof Leather Safety Toe Work Boot 83632 | Irish Setter