MF 1734E HST Whine

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #1  

buzzsaw07

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1734e
I have a 2019 Massey Ferguson 1734E that has a very loud whine when operating. It has been doing this since it has been new. The dealer has been here several times and has checked fluid and hydro pressures. All seems to be good. The tractor has 65 hours on it and when I did the 50 hour fluid / filter changes all looked good. The dealer stated some have louder whines than others. Is this normal for HST???? This is my first HST tractor. The tractor does have a FEL which operates fine.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #2  
True some whine louder then others .. Welcome to TBN......:)

/ MF 1734E HST Whine
Thanks for the reply. I am just not sure what level is acceptable.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #4  
Go test drive a couple of other tractors and see, or wait till you service it and use kubota super udt2 oil or another type of syn hyd oil that meets your tractors specs ..

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #5  
The noise changes considerably when more load is applied on my 1742

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #8  
The HST tractors I've had would whine more when being loaded a lot with a small amount of HST pedal. Running in a lower gear range and using more HST pedal results in less whine. Of course with only three widely spaced range gears that's not always practical.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #9  
Tractor seems to whine more when going up hill.

That's normal. As you work it more the whine will get louder. Have you ever heard the squeal when you accidently held your car steering wheel against the stops?
Try using a lower range on the hills and/or increasing the RPMs slightly, whichever works best. After a while you will get a feel for what your tractor does and doesn't like, and gear it down accordingly.

My Kubota was so obnoxiously loud that it would drown out the sound of the engine, and I had to wear ear plugs underneath my ear muffs. When I serviced it I put in the Super UTSD or whatever Kubota calls it. They are really proud of the stuff and charge accordingly, but it quieted the transmission down considerably.

/ MF 1734E HST Whine #10  
My tractor manual states it should never be in four wheel drive in higher speeds cause it can cause uneven wear in the gears, I have a mahindra emax 25 small tractor with hst so it wines.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox