Looking at a Kioti

/ Looking at a Kioti
What are the added features of the SE I am trying to decide right now between the SE and Standard? Looks like you loose some PTO HP with the SE.

I think it loses a touch of pto hp if you have the cab model (air conditioning) but on the open station it's rubber floor mat, rear view mirrors, dual rear remotes, tilt steering and linked pedal

/ Looking at a Kioti #12  
I think it loses a touch of pto hp if you have the cab model (air conditioning) but on the open station it's rubber floor mat, rear view mirrors, dual rear remotes, tilt steering and linked pedal

Also, extendable draft links & quick adjust sway bars on the 3 point hitch & upgraded seat. The SE HST does not have a clutch.

/ Looking at a Kioti #13  
I bought a new Kioti NX5510 last year. Other than a defective servo that was covered by warranty, I haven't had any issues with it. I like the linked pedal, and the extendable links on the 3 point hitch. Makes hooking up a lot easier. The lever on the back of the tractor to raise and lower the 3 point while standing behind the tractor is handy too. I think that should be standard equipment on all tractors; its just a simple linkage that connects to the 3-point lever beside the seat, but it sure saves a lot of climbing on and off the tractor! I looked at Kubota as well when I was shopping, very nice machines. Just came down to price for me; I could get the Kioti model with all the bells and whistles for quite a bit less than a comparably-equipped Kubota. Nothing against Kubota at all, I just couldn't justify the additional cost at the time. I also really liked the people that helped answer all my questions at the Kioti dealership. Great group to work with. I wouldn't buy any brand of tractor from a dealership that gave me any bad vibes whatsoever. Nothing good will come of it.

/ Looking at a Kioti #14  
The SE HST does not have a clutch.

The HST does have a clutch just not one that you use to drive. The clutch need to be depressed to start the tractor, change the speed selector H, M, L, and to start the PTO.

I wish I would have known the SE had the remote 3pt and extendable draft links when I got mine last year. The only other thing I would like to have installed on it would be the pedal link, its not necessary but would be nice.

/ Looking at a Kioti #15  
The SE HST does not have a clutch at all since it has electronic pto. Just get in, hit the brake and turn the key.

/ Looking at a Kioti #16  
The HST does have a clutch just not one that you use to drive. The clutch need to be depressed to start the tractor, change the speed selector H, M, L, and to start the PTO.

I wish I would have known the SE had the remote 3pt and extendable draft links when I got mine last year. The only other thing I would like to have installed on it would be the pedal link, its not necessary but would be nice.

The CK10 SE HST does not have a clutch. To start my tractor, I have to either have the parking brake set or push on the brake pedal. To change gear ranges, I just move the lever to the range I want. To start the PTO, I just turn the electric switch to on.

The regular CK10 HST does have a clutch. On those you have do do things as you describe.

/ Looking at a Kioti #17  
The SE HST does not have a clutch at all since it has electronic pto. Just get in, hit the brake and turn the key.

Your right. Do you know if its possible to change the gear selector while moving on the SE? I wonder why they used a different transmission on the SE and not just use the same one on the base model it seems like it would be cheaper to not have the mechanical clutch on the base model just from a building it point of view.

The other difference I see with the SE (trans) is its max speed is 0.5mph faster the PTO has 2hp less (I assume it has eco-mode) the SE is considered an independent PTO and the base is a Live PTO.

/ Looking at a Kioti #18  
I am a first time tractor owner of about 6 months I guess. A friend let me try out his L3800 using a finish mower. I won't go into what I didn't like about the other orange brand, but I can tell you what I have enjoyed with my 3510SE. In comparison I think they are neck and neck with HP. I think the Front End Loader lifts a little more. I really like being able to get on and off from either side of the 3510SE. The seat is nice and if you spend any time on it, you'll feel the difference. I like that the bucket level indicator comes stock and the auxiliary hydraulic ports on the back are there. All of these things I mentioned, my L3800 friend wishes he had. The aux ports on the back have been really nice using a hydraulic top link and a box blade and tiller. I haven't bush hogged yet, but suspect it'll be nice to be able to reach over some banks. As to the HP, I live on 9 acres with 1/2 of it hilly that eventually leads to a pond. I've got a bush-wacker brand rotary cutter (bush hog) that weighs in at 700 lbs or so. The tractor does the job without wavering. The emission thing is a little funky, but overall it's been just fine. I've only got about 60 hours on it. Considering the size.....I can honestly say that it's sufficient for what I've used it for. Bush hogging, spreading dirt and gravel driveway, tilling garden, other fun tractor stuff. I'm actually considering a backhoe.....

/ Looking at a Kioti #19  
Your right. Do you know if its possible to change the gear selector while moving on the SE? I wonder why they used a different transmission on the SE and not just use the same one on the base model it seems like it would be cheaper to not have the mechanical clutch on the base model just from a building it point of view.

The other difference I see with the SE (trans) is its max speed is 0.5mph faster the PTO has 2hp less (I assume it has eco-mode) the SE is considered an independent PTO and the base is a Live PTO.

No, you cannot change gear ranges when moving. I am guessing that the transmission was changed for the independent, auto PTO.

/ Looking at a Kioti #20  
SE Offers: Mirrors, Mat, Dual Rear Remotes, tool box, cruise control on HST, Link Pedal, Dual Air Cleaner, Dual Armrest, Horn, Telescopic lower, Telescopic stabilizers, independent PTO / Auto PTO not sure if I got it all but to me it was worth the price difference....