Early morning Fox

/ Early morning Fox #21  
Wife had a pic of a red fox she took back in early 80's. It was laying in yard out from her bedroom window. She and her Dad went out to see if it was hurt but apparently was just resting. They got up real close before it finally jumped up and ran off.

/ Early morning Fox #23  
I will tell this story about a particular vole encounter:

One day while mowing my wife stopped the mower and called me over to our white concrete retaining wall. She had something she really wanted me to see. The mower had struck a vole and the blade had sliced him in twain just forward of his hind quarters. So stuck to the wall was the hind quarters and back legs of the vole with his little tail hanging down and his blood and guts were what was sticking him to the painted concrete. She asked "is this what they mean by a rats azz?" It probably wasn't all that funny to the vole, but we both burst out laughing. Being country folk and all, you understand. :) Smart phones didn't exist then so no pictures, but it would have made an interesting one.

/ Early morning Fox #24  
Greats pics thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

/ Early morning Fox
Took a couple more of her on the morning hunt.

5B4A8280.jpg

5B4A8285.jpg

/ Early morning Fox #26  
Great shot of catching the moment. :thumbsup:

/ Early morning Fox #28  
Wow! Great shots!

Was it after something or running away?

/ Early morning Fox #29  
Many years ago I was riding my motorcycle to work just as dawn was breaking. There were three kits playing in the front yard of a house (big yard with woods nearby.) I stopped to watch them, and they seemed unconcerned. I decided to whistle at them, as you would whistle to a dog, and the three kits started to come to me! I realized what a bad idea it was to have wild fox kits be unafraid of people, so I waved my arms and shouted and they ran off. That was one of the coolest things I ever saw!

/ Early morning Fox #30  
Its funny you have posted this subject.

I have lived here for 30+ years and I have seen more fox activity this year than any other.

I wonder what has increased it