Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,821  
The only drawbacks as I see it are the added weight and if you need to lift a tall load with the forks. But it looks like you could pull a few pins and remove the thumb? I am surprised fork grapples are not more common. :thumbsup:

The additional weight is minimal for the M and yes, if necessary, the thumb is easily removed.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,822  
Tough call as I have neither in hydraulic but for log gathering/brush clearing seems a grapple would be best. For picking rocks, maybe a thumb. I do get by with my mechanical thumb on rocks now. My vote considering my circumstances would be the grapple.

I Have picked up Cedar trees maybe 15 foot tall with my Backhoe Thumb and moved them around to pile them up. The Thumb also makes it real nice to hold the trees up while I cut them up for Firewood. I do not have very much Brush on my property. My Situation makes it hard for me to Justify the Cost of a good Grapple. Everyone that owns a Tractor has different Needs with Different Typographical areas where they are using them. I would Love to have a Grapple but I think that it would just be sitting on the ground most of the time in my case.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,823  
I Have picked up Cedar trees maybe 15 foot tall with my Backhoe Thumb and moved them around to pile them up. The Thumb also makes it real nice to hold the trees up while I cut them up for Firewood. I do not have very much Brush on my property. My Situation makes it hard for me to Justify the Cost of a good Grapple. Everyone that owns a Tractor has different Needs with Different Typographical areas where they are using them. I would Love to have a Grapple but I think that it would just be sitting on the ground most of the time in my case.

That is the reason I went with the fork grapple. I already owned the forks and the cost of the thumb was minimal compared to dedicated grapple.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,824  
Now that most all the clearing I wanted to do is done, I can’t justify a grapple either. The thumb will do.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,825  
My 1154 FEL on a M7060HDC has about 3K lifting capacity, and the EA 66" grapples eat up a bunch of that weighing in at 770 lbs. Off hand, I don't know the add-back of the bucket, but the forks have to be less so maybe only a 4-500lb penalty.... Good provocation!

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,826  
My 1154 FEL on a M7060HDC has about 3K lifting capacity, and the EA 66" grapples eat up a bunch of that weighing in at 770 lbs. Off hand, I don't know the add-back of the bucket, but the forks have to be less so maybe only a 4-500lb penalty.... Good provocation!

770 lbs. sounds too heavy. Did you weigh the grapple?

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,827  
You're right!! I operated from memory on the grapple weight. The 66" unit is 660 lbs. Thanks!

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,828  
770 lbs. sounds too heavy. Did you weigh the grapple?

My 73" EA grapple for Utility Tractors is on 665#.

Mega Compact Utility Tractor Wicked Root Grapple from Everything Attachments

The 66" shows 452# or 410#

Compact Tractor Dual Lid Wicked Root Grapple from Everything Attachments

Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple Lightweight Strong Large opening

Untitled Document

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,829  
Best Rated 66 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple from Everything Attachments

This is the one I have