Jinma 254 LH tie-rod

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #1  

Whenu

Tractor
Jinma 254
Hi all, my tie-rod broke at the thread. Can anyone confirm the size of the taper? Mine is 17.5mm to 19mm and the rod ends I've seen on line are a 14/16mm. The thread on the ram is 20mm.
The small piece I think is the remnants of a nut? It may have a slight taper.

Tie rod end.jpg

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #2  
Why is the nut so worn?

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #3  
That rod end doesn't look like it's been connected to anything in years. Or it's been rattling around in the arm. Don't match that part. Match the new rod end to the size of the arm taper. The arm is probably hosed too if the rod end looks like that. :eek:

You may have to take a tapered reamer to the arm to clean it up. In the U.S. the tapers are designated in inches per foot. I don't know what that thing would be. :confused:

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #4  

Attachments

• 184.31.035.jpg
    184.31.035.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 87
   / Jinma 254 LH tie-rod
20201009_115845.jpg

Picture not the best. what is the standard dia of the hole, and could it be sleeved?

The tapered section seems to be ok.

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #6  
   / Jinma 254 LH tie-rod
Tried the local tractor dealer on the off-chance, nothing there, but wasn't expecting much.
Have ordered one from Oz.
Might try and bodge up a repair for an emergency spare.

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #8  
Tried the local tractor dealer on the off-chance, nothing there, but wasn't expecting much.
Have ordered one from Oz.
Might try and bodge up a repair for an emergency spare.
you don't have a local Jinma dealer?. then you have bought the wrong brand of tractor..

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod
At the edge of the world, we don't have the luxury of driving to the corner tractor shop, we make do with what we can.

/ Jinma 254 LH tie-rod #10  
At the edge of the world, we don't have the luxury of driving to the corner tractor shop, we make do with what we can.

Does Eastwind have stores in NZ?