NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
This past weekend my tractor developed a serious smoking issue with 4 regenerations in 15 hours. The first 3 auto regenerations were successful. The 4th one failed. I tried to do a manual regeneration and that failed also which put the engine check light on. There is fuel in the oil and the turbo is leaking oil into the intake hose. I will update the issue as the information comes in.

Last edited:
   / NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping
The tractor started, check engine light is still on but barely smoking. I shut it off and called the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #3  
Hit the manual regen and let it do it’s thing. Mine done something similar. Dk4510. Light would come on and run rough then be all good for about 10 more hours. Didn’t even have 150 hours on it. I said welp it’s under warranty well see if she goes or blows. After 45 minutes of skeeter fogging it finally stopped and light went off. Awful smell too. Since then if I run it I crank it let idle for about 5 min then rev up to at least 1800 rpm. I never run it under 1800 rpm now and it seems the light comes on a lot less. Before I was just idling around. Good luck.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #4  
Some times bad fuel can create all kinds of weird issues on DPFs.

Some times bad fuel can create all kinds of weird issues on DPFs.

I get all my fuel from the same station. I'm down to almost a 1/4 of a tank without any issues before today. My dealer told me that I might have bad fuel the last time it acted up. The problem was a bad injector.

Hit the manual regen and let it do it’s thing. Mine done something similar. Dk4510. Light would come on and run rough then be all good for about 10 more hours. Didn’t even have 150 hours on it. I said welp it’s under warranty well see if she goes or blows. After 45 minutes of skeeter fogging it finally stopped and light went off. Awful smell too. Since then if I run it I crank it let idle for about 5 min then rev up to at least 1800 rpm. I never run it under 1800 rpm now and it seems the light comes on a lot less. Before I was just idling around. Good luck.

I tried the manual regen. The motor was smoking and rapping so bad I had to shut it down. I mentioned that in the original post. The motor sounded like it was going to blow up.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #7  
I tried the manual regen. The motor was smoking and rapping so bad I had to shut it down. I mentioned that in the original post. The motor sounded like it was going to blow up.

Hey Jim. I have the same tractor. Last year suddenly started regenerating every hour, with some smoke. Not the amount of smoke you are describing. Dealer came and tested injectors and found one bad one. Good. Injector replaced and dealer left. Was better, but still a little smoke and regens every 5 hours or so. Next visit we took hose that goes from turbo to intake, and it had a bunch of oil in it. Turbo seal failure caused the smoke and frequent regens. Has been good since with regens at 25 - 30 hour intervals. Can't explain the engine problem though.🤔🤔

Hey Jim. I have the same tractor. Last year suddenly started regenerating every hour, with some smoke. Not the amount of smoke you are describing. Dealer came and tested injectors and found one bad one. Good. Injector replaced and dealer left. Was better, but still a little smoke and regens every 5 hours or so. Next visit we took hose that goes from turbo to intake, and it had a bunch of oil in it. Turbo seal failure caused the smoke and frequent regens. Has been good since with regens at 25 - 30 hour intervals. Can't explain the engine problem though.����

I dropped my tractor off at the dealer.

Waiting for results on the damage to come in.

/ NX4510HST Smoking and Rapping #10  
If they get all the issues cleared up and it seems to be running good the first thing I would do when it got home would be to throw a "test pipe" in the exhaust and see how it ran.