Existentialism and the New Truck Bug

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #21  
I bought the Taco Wagon for a few reasons. I'm big and it's big and it's comfortable( more or less ). I've always wanted a Power Wagon and now I finally have one. I make no excuses - it's for fun and for transportation. View attachment 684513

We don't need to make excuses!
We are older, and do it because we WANT to.
No second chances!

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #22  
I'm also the type to buy and keep. I'd "like" a pickup but don't like the new ones and I don't have much "need". If I see an older interesting truck in good condition it might go home with me.

I have a 2006 Jeep LJ and a 2002 2 seater convertible and the wife drives a 2011 Subaru WRX, with snows on extra rims for winter.

As we're retired we won't wear those cars out in this lifetime. And it seems wasteful to buy/insure/register/maintain vehicles we don't need. I had planned to celebrate retirement with a Corvette or Porsche but it seemed silly. So I bought a TLB and I enjoy it as much as the jeep or sports car.

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #23  
I'm also the type to buy and keep. I'd "like" a pickup but don't like the new ones and I don't have much "need". If I see an older interesting truck in good condition it might go home with me.

I have a 2006 Jeep LJ and a 2002 2 seater convertible and the wife drives a 2011 Subaru WRX, with snows on extra rims for winter.

As we're retired we won't wear those cars out in this lifetime. And it seems wasteful to buy/insure/register/maintain vehicles we don't need. I had planned to celebrate retirement with a Corvette or Porsche but it seemed silly. So I bought a TLB and I enjoy it as much as the jeep or sports car.

YUP......my L48 TLB makes me much happier than any flashy sports car ever could.

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug
I knew I came to the right place to voice my issue! Its like having a Weight Watcher meeting at McDonalds!

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #25  
I'm also the type to buy and keep.

Me too! Drove the van in this pic for 32+ years. Now I'm 13 years into its successor.

Elkhorn Jan87.jpg

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #27  
In all my crawling around under the Power Wagon I can see a difference between it and the Dodge 2500 series. Considerably heavier main frame - more frequent cross bracing and of course skid pans everywhere. Minor point but - the entire underside of the Power Wagon is sprayed with bed liner. According to the sticker back by the spare tire - it's Line-X bed liner.

In this part of the world - stay away from the big cities and your truck will not rot out. They only use that spray ice melt solution in the big cities.

That is one GREAT picture - deserteagle71. Part of the Sierra Nevadas - ???

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #28  

I am driving a VW TDI with 300+k miles that I bought used with 250k on the clock.
Other than getting a little tired looking inside since it is now my "truck" it is still a dependable if a little small rig.
Sold my 2nd gen Cummins Dodge 3/4 ton and bought a trailer for the VW.
I am now in the market for a used Jeep Wrangler but I want a YJ or TJ as I prefer the old school style and size.

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #29  
I am embarrassed to say how much time I spend on auction sites looking at trucks and other equipment. I am happy with my daily driver but really need a good work truck. Once I finally get one I'll keep it forever though.

/ Existentialism and the New Truck Bug #30  
In this part of the world - stay away from the big cities and your truck will not rot out. They only use that spray ice melt solution in the big cities.

wish it was the same here. pretty rural - my town has 42 people per square mile on average, and they put the liquid to some of the 2-lane roads here. have to go north a good distance before they stop using it.