Oil & Fuel 2012 3616 blowing white smoke

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke #1  

upstate

Tractor
mahindra 3616
My 2012 3616 has been blowing white smoke ever since it got cold. Will start fine but won稚 come up to speed and blows white smoke continuously.

Where should I start trouble shooting? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke #2  
When was last time you changed fuel filter or the air filter, there's other reason these are the easiest.
And you might make sure your using a good quality 1 or 2 fuel.

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke #3  
how long are you letting it warm up before using it?

i let my equipment run for about 15 minutes to warm up; a little less if i had it plugged in first.

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke #4  
Is it cold enough for your fuel to gel up? Might want to check that.

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke
I changed the fuel filter not long after it started puffing white smoke.

Air filter I don稚 remember

Is all gas station fuel a 1 or 2 ?

I致e let it warm up for quite a bit and it doesn稚 go away.

I was thinking about that. It has been pretty cold here for the last couple months. Hasn稚 been above freezing very much.

I was gonna try to drain the tank and put some winter fuel in it? Hopefully flush out the bad fuel and get some better stuff run through it and see what happened

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke #8  
based on my own experience with gelling fuel/fuel filters, the engine would idle fine, but would die out once I put a load on it (increased need for fuel with higher rpms). So it’s probably not a fuel gelling issue (but you never know).

I use the silver bottle Diesel Kleen in my diesel fuel; never had an issue, so presumably it’s working (i’m in upstate ny too)

How is your coolant level? Wondering if the white smoke is vaporized coolant.

/ 2012 3616 blowing white smoke #9  
I would say a bad head gasket or cracked head. Bad filter would give you black smoke.

It smokes when I first start it and will get better as it warms up (At idle), but under a load it smokes continuously and loses power?