2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #111  
These gravel back roads take their toll on brakes. Brakes cost a lot more on a 3/4 or one ton! Paying to have brakes serviced and replaced that you have never used!

And that's what wears them out!!! Never using them!

Makes about as much sense as some other posts in this thread.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #112  
The abrasive slurry destroys them. Especially those useless Disc brakes that I don't need and don't want!

And the Salt on the highways.

I don't use my brakes! I look a mile ahead at lights and traffic and drive accordingly. The way I was taught.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #113  
And that's what wears them out!!! Never using them!

Makes about as much sense as some other posts in this thread.
Never using the brakes.... wears them out? Talk about making sense.... 🤪

I said to have at it, and drive what ya want. Life's too short to care about other peoples decisions that much. But it's also kind of silly to pretend like what you drive on the road or parking lot doesn't affect other people sometimes. Just ran to the grocery store at lunch. My ext cab short bed 2500 fits into parking spaces fully. But some dude felt like parking his crew-cab long-bed right up in front of the store, sticking 5' out into the drive lane. People taking turns to get by from either side.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #114  
Buying a “huge truck you don’t need” ... is that same thing people say when other people own a corvette? Buying a “real fast car you don’t need”?

Nobody needs a corvette right?
Nobody “needs” all that power but a lot of people sure do want it.

Let’s face it, this is still America, we buy tons of stuff nobody needs! I got one life to live and I’m buying all the stuff I don’t need. (Jet skis, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, side by side, boat, etc)

The next thing I’m looking to purchase is a single cab long box 5 speed 12 valve cummins which will slowly turn into a mustang beater / daily driver

I’m by no means rich, I’ve never owned a new car or truck, or took out a loan to buy a used vehicle. The most I’ve ever spent on a vehicle was $18k. (2012 mega cab Laramie 4x4 w/ 212k) As for maintenance, it hasn’t needed much.. a few things here and there but nothing major. The biggest job was u-joints inside the front axle.

I’ve towed with my friends 2018 f150 ecoboost, the power was pretty good but the suspension/tire setup is only good for runs to the grocery store. That was only with a 3 snowmobiles in a 23ft aluminum inline trailer. Nothing about towing this setup with the eco boost f150 was “effortless”
Absolutely agree with you. 80% of what is in my shop and house isn't classified as "necessary".

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #115  
OP - have we thoroughly aggravated you yet? We can keep trying...

I have nothing great to add, but I'd guess with the weight you are intending to pull, the Dmax is the best choice. Buy now and leave the regret to someone else.

Back to our regularly scheduled programing

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #116  
Absolutely agree with you. 80% of what is in my shop and house isn't classified as "necessary".
Exactly. Why is that when someone wants to buy something above what their needs are is there criticism, almost like the person is stupid or somethin? It’s your freakin money, buy what you want, but don’t go throwin shade on people for it.
Anyone ever hear of “expanding scope”? You buy a truck and you take on larger and larger jobs? Maybe some guys buy equipment that’s bigger than what they need now because they are confident they will take on bigger and bigger tasks?

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #117  
Exactly. Why is that when someone wants to buy something above what their needs are is there criticism, almost like the person is stupid or somethin? It’s your freakin money, buy what you want, but don’t go throwin shade on people for it.
Anyone ever hear of “expanding scope”? You buy a truck and you take on larger and larger jobs? Maybe some guys buy equipment that’s bigger than what they need now because they are confident they will take on bigger and bigger tasks?

This is where I'm at with my truck shopping. Right now my immediate need is to tow my 6500 pound (total weight) tractor. So basically a 3.5 Ecoboost and 10k trailer could do it. However, I would like to keep my options open since I am about to start building two more houses and buy a lot of building materials from places that don't deliver as well as hauling logs and just a lot of other stuff. So I am thinking of an F350/450/550 with either a flatbed or dump bed. I could pull the 10k trailer and be under CDL, and if I want to pull bigger loads later I can get my CDL and a new trailer without having to upgrade the truck. The problem is I am looking at used 6.8s and not many are hanging around at reasonable prices.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #118  
What do you ford lovers think about, now that team sniff and blow is in charge, ford is moving to Mexico!

SR

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #119  
What do you ford lovers think about, now that team sniff and blow is in charge, ford is moving to Mexico!

SR

Like everyone with a brain would do. Pay way more tax or move to Mexico? Easy choice. Heck they probably had to go there to find anyone that would work.

/ 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD gas vs. diesel? #120  

SR
Read the whole news article before making statements like that. Ford is NOT moving to Mexico but like so many of the other domestic manufacturers is moving a certain facet of their manufacturing there.

My Dodge dually has made in Mexico stickers all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.