Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,631  
Some of you remind me of a former coworker, who thought it was an insult to drive the boss' pickup while his company Chevy was in getting the bent frame replaced. He acted like driving a Ford was causing all of the world problems, including impotence and male pattern baldness. At the time my company truck was a new 2004 Ford, while my personal truck was a GMC. One day he asked me which I preferred, and was genuinely shocked when I said it was the Ford. "You're joking, right?" he said. "No", and I told him why. "The Ford is 6 years newer. with 200K less miles on it. It's V8 whereas my GMC is a 4.3. There are more creature comforts in the Ford. But the best thing about the Ford; I drive it, somebody else pays the bills. What is there NOT to like about that?"

At the time his own personal vehicle was a beat to crap Caravan with no registration or insurance; which he eventually was told to take off the road.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,632  
Between the trucks I drove at work and my own personal use the big three all make nice trucks. A 2004 Ram with a Cummins was rusting and so was a 2011 3/4 ton Chevy I had. The aluminum body is what got me into a Ford.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,633  
View attachment 360391

And THIS is why you should always take the biggest tractor you have into the bush!

Sorry about poor quality, it was a scanned Polaroid.

Actually I have to kiss the oil mans azz cause this machine (JD 6200) drinks fuel like I simply can't explain! Maybe it's not broken in yet with only just over 1000 hours!
Scares me when I see that loader with weight up that high, assume you lifted it to show the load. Tractor and the bush is the place most of us could spend our days

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,634  
Ford was causing all of the world problems, including impotence and male pattern baldness.
So that was what the hell caused it. To think, I thought it was genetics.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,635  
So that was what the hell caused it. To think, I thought it was genetics.
I’ve always thought it was from too many birthdays.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,636  
I’ve always thought it was from too many birthdays.
I think you're correct.
Do you see vampires dealing with this nonsense of repetitive acknowledgment of "birthdays"?
They never get old.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,637  
My last truck was a GMC and loved it for 200,000 mostly problem free miles. It had the 4.8L V8 auto trans 4WD. Rode very smooth, almost car-like, very comfortable. Only issues were: starter (covered by powertrain warranty), tailgate latch, (covered by bumper to bumper warranty) front wheels bearings, wiper linkage, and at the end, the fuel pump. That was it for 11 years, sold it because it was starting to rust and the tranny was starting to slip a little. My first ever new vehicle.

I now drive a RAM 1500 and love it, its better all around than the GMC was, but its also 8 years newer, so technology has changed. This truck has the 5.7L Hemi auto trans 4WD. Bigger engine, with about 100 more HP, rides more like a truck, stiffer suspension, sits higher up. More features inside, more thought out features in general. Before I got this one (used) I drove a brand new GMC to compare, and as nice as it was, this one just fit me better, preferred it more all around.

Everyone is different, & I can't say Ford is a good/bad truck, I only drove one for the State back in the 90's, it was ok, nothing I'd see myself buying. I do like the fact the aluminum in the newer Ford's won't rust, but I just don't feel aluminum is the right material in a pickup truck. Too weak and light where p/u trucks need weight when empty, in the rear in NY winters.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,638  
I think you're correct.
Do you see vampires dealing with this nonsense of repetitive acknowledgment of "birthdays"?
They never get old.
And aside from the receding hairline, think Eddie Munster, they never seem to go bald!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,639  
Started blocking up the firewood I cut late last fall. I cut my blocks 18" and cut the logs 24' if I can and still lift them. This isn't the fastest way to do it but it is easy on my body. Hope to finish this week doing a little at a time in mostly sunny 40 to 50 degree weather.

21_4_3.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,640  
^^^^
How much do you put up in a year?