TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,221  
I kinda see 22 WMR as like 410 shotgun. Very nice, and does good work, but your better off to get the more normal cousins, and shoot more for less $$$.
And I've known several people who bought a 22 WMR for a plinker because it was more powerful.

:(

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,222  
So, I’m assuming these folks wanting to buy so much are buying to resell at even higher prices?

My my.

MoKelly
I think it probably was Bots, buying under hundreds of accounts, but delivering to same address.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,223  
And I've known several people who bought a 22 WMR for a plinker because it was more powerful.

:(

Bruce

I have a Marlin 1894 lever in .22mag. One of my favorite guns to shoot. I'd rather go plinking with a 22mag, than a .223 semi-auto. Also great for shooting racoons, skunks, possums and rabbits. The .223 just seems like overkill for them.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,224  
I haven’t had a .22WMR since forever. When I was in my teens had one. It went away. Just didn’t seem to be a good fit.

But I do like my .17 HMR which is based on the same case.
I like the .17 HMR too, but the good old .22LR is a great ranch gun. Over the years my old .22 single shot rifle has taken hundreds of coons, possums and skunks, plus the occasional coyote. It packs plenty of punch for small game, though I learned early to use hollow point. Ball ammo just pokes neat little holes in a critter without doing much damage.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,226  
Just got in from shooting the Henry with 9 y/o daughter. And had an interesting thought, at least to me. The Henry had SO much nicer, better trigger then her CO2 Umarex. That airgun has a trigger that takes 2 fingers for a kid. No way that helps them much on learning, beyond safety, ect.

She did like having a red dot, its 100% second nature for a kid to put the dot on the bullseye, over lining up leaf sights.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,227  
Happy Easter to everybody!

Just to share.
Some time ago I've posted a video story about an SMG creation in Lithuania. It was in my language.

Since I've made it in English and posted today on YouTube, I thought maybe someone would like to watch it.
Here it is:
The First Lithuanian SMG Of All Time. VLADAS 1992. 2/2

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,228  
Savage A Magnum or Ruger 10/22 in .22WMR (.22 mag) semi auto?
Need help deciding. Really like the A22 Magnum Pro Varmit with Bull barrel except the price ($709).
Also like the A17 “heavy barrel”, perfect, but don’t see a .22 WMR variant.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,229  
Since I have a .22 mag pistol I want a rifle to go with it so I'm in a similar boat. I have a Savage .17HMR bolt action which is tempting since when available they're cheap, but the Ruger would be nice when you can find that hens tooth...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,230  
There are some Marlin WMR semi-autos out there, too.

Bruce