Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #481  
Easter w family, Making use of some of the downed pines, hauling to the mill

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #482  
Was at Home Depot Saturday afternoon, picking up a few bags of cement. Price checked 2x4x8 pressure treated: $8.37. 4x4x10 pressure treated: $21.

Went home and cut some lumber on my sawmill.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #483  
It is supply & demand thing!

I don't think it's necessarily the plywood mill making a huge profit - how many profit makers are there in-between a plywood mill and consumer?

It looks like 15/32" x 4' x 8' plywood sheet is $56.25 at a local H.D. currently so any of my possible plywood projects will be postponed until....

I own timber and if I cut it today I will not make any more than a year ago. I know people who cut timber and they are not making much more than a year ago. I talked to a building supply retailer and he said his percentage mark up is the same. Unless I am missing something that leaves the mills.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #484  
I have heard from a couple of reliable sources that the prefab builders are buying back contracts that they signed last year.
Traditionally the prefab trade would take orders well in advance for spring delivery.
I heard of 3 folks being offered up to $50 k to cancel their contracts.
Crazy world.

Also a friend that owns a storage facility has many whole households of contents being stored by folks waiting for new home builds that are being delayed due to costs and shortages of materials.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?
What's really screwey is that so many new things are being built in spite of the costs. I saw several new projects today while running in to town and back. Also saw a few people pushing cart of gold laminated boards out though the registers at the Blue Box store gold laminated lumber repository. $100 smackers for three boards didn't seem to be stopping them.

Meanwhile, I'm pulling nails and screws out of old boards and treating them with kid gloves until I need them again.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #486  
What's really screwey is that so many new things are being built in spite of the costs. I saw several new projects today while running in to town and back. Also saw a few people pushing cart of gold laminated boards out though the registers at the Blue Box store gold laminated lumber repository. $100 smackers for three boards didn't seem to be stopping them.

Meanwhile, I'm pulling nails and screws out of old boards and treating them with kid gloves until I need them again.
Yeah I need to build some shelves in my new shop. I had some of the framing material but I had to buy 2 sheets of OSB and 6 8' 2x4s. $115 OUCH!!!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #487  
well I recently got married and left an amazing 30 x 50 shop that I build to not having a shop. I started the process of getting lumber prices and well had go another direction. A friend had just the shell of a 40 x 40 pole barn style built and it was $70000.00 I just bought a comm. grade steel building for $23000.00 and I figured with family helping it will take 3 weekends to put up.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #488  
If it's not been said, they want crazy prices for 12/2 Romex. I was going to buy a couple rolls back when it was 50+ bucks. Ooops waited too long.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #489  
If it's not been said, they want crazy prices for 12/2 Romex. I was going to buy a couple rolls back when it was 50+ bucks. Ooops waited too long.
I found one in my basement a couple weeks ago. Felt like Yukon Cornelius.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #490  
The government has pumped 6 trillion dollars into the economy since 2020 started. They want 2.2 more as we speak.

There is so much money out in circulation, these prices are not going to be coming down for a while. Money has lost 25% of it's value since 2020 started and prices on most thing has increase about as much. Simple economics.

Prices will come down a little, maybe 5-10%, but there is just too much money out there for the prices to ever come back down to pre covid prices.