Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #2  
Mental illness

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #4  
Unless you are a Zombie tuned into MSM, it's hard not to go mental with what's happening in our world.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #5  
Mental illness and/or wanting to be "famous" and/or just wanting to hurt people...

Later,
Dan

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #6  
Long ago I saw (and still have) a video on cop killing in Canada "Open Season". I will never forget what the head shrinker said. Some people can't be famous, so they choose to be infamous instead.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #8  
One more murder/suicide. It's the height of self-destructive rage.

Several of my Facebook friends have been posting uplifting memes as a way of digging themselves out of depression and dark mental places. It's a small sample, but I think a lot of people are having a tough time maintaining their emotional balance. It puts me in mind of Thoreau's famous quote, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

I found my version of Waldon Pond years ago, but still remember the early '80s, when I was in my 30s and everything in my life was going wrong. It seemed nothing I did helped, and I was angry all the time. That level of frustration consumes you.

I think modern American life is not good for people. There is too much noise, too much congestion, too many rules, and a constant drum beat of fear and anger. It is not good for people to live in fear.

I like TBN because rural living dials down the anger. We can justifiably be angry at that gopher in the garden, and make serious plans to kill that sucker, without inflicting violence on people. We don't keep guns for self defense, we keep guns because we might need to shoot something. People in cities think guns are for shooting people. I can't imagine that. I have to work myself up for two weeks just to butcher a cow. I think if more people had been up to their elbows in a warm gut pile, they would be less casual about killing.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #9  
We have an entire generation (actually 2 generations) of people who have not learned coping skills when things don't go their way, leading to a "retribution culture". The "cancel culture" is another example. It's plain and simple a mental health issue.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #10  
It's a POWDERKEG! No doubt about that.

I have gotten back into meditation. All this stress, evil and misinformation caused me to become rather ill. Hard though, to live in this world and not be part of it. We don't live in a vaccuume.

Status
Not open for further replies.