Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #71  
Land is gold. They ain’t making any new land. That is my preferred investment if I don’t need the cash in the short term.

I have all I need in buildings and equipment and stuff.

Oh yea - that and Apple stock.

MoKelly

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #72  
Get used to it. Wait until a loaf of sponge bread is 10 bucks. Think it won't happen? It will and soon. FRN's will come on a roll like toilet paper and like toilet paper will only be good for wiping with.

We are rapidly approaching the point where only people with possession of physical commodities will have wealth. Guess that's why I have gold as in physical gold and have for a long time as in pounds. Gold and ammunition and I have both in spades.

Just sold some ammo. Plain old 223's. Sold them for 95 cents a round, cash, sold 1000 of them. Think I had maybe 10 cents in each and the buyer was elated he got them. Now, that is markup.

5030, I usually skim these long threads but always stop and read your posts. I love the way you always appear to be "the smartest guy in the room".

Last edited:
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #73  
5030, I usually skim these long threads but always stop and read your posts. I love the way you always end up being "the smartest guy in the room".

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #74  
Land is gold. They ain’t making any new land. That is my preferred investment if I don’t need the cash in the short term.

I have all I need in buildings and equipment and stuff.

Oh yea - that and Apple stock.

MoKelly
yep but always a little more

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #75  
The guy who owns our hunt camp spent $12k on a bed for his house in FL. I asked him how many hookers came with the deal.

He is selling his Raptor and asked me if I wanted it. Told him I could not afford it. He said, "But I will make you a deal...I only want $50k for it". Some people do not realize how the "other half" live.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #76  
He is selling his Raptor and asked me if I wanted it. Told him I could not afford it. He said, "But I will make you a deal...I only want $50k for it". Some people do not realize how the "other half" live.

Ain’t that the truth.

Just to show how I think, when you said he wanted to sell his “raptor” my first thought was a Yamaha.

When you wrote $50000, had to look up Raptor to learn you meant a Ford!

As I’ve heard before - I’ve got to get out more!!!

MoKelly

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #77  
Ain’t that the truth.

Just to show how I think, when you said he wanted to sell his “raptor” my first thought was a Yamaha.

When you wrote $50000, had to look up Raptor to learn you meant a Ford!

As I’ve heard before - I’ve got to get out more!!!

MoKelly
I thought the same.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #78  
I just ordered an American made electric range. It’s an induction stove and convection oven. When we researched them last year they were in stock. Checked prices again 2 months ago as we were getting close to purchasing and they were now falling behind on production with a 4 week ETA. Finally decided to pull the trigger this week and the new ETA is 13 weeks. People are flush with money and they can’t build appliances fast enough. We are living in crazy times.
8 weeks into the 13 week wait, and the ETA is now updated to... 11 more weeks from today. 4 weeks turns into 13 weeks, which is now 24 weeks. I have no doubt it will get pushed out even more. The appliance store said the good news is that Viking has been producing and delivering product, and it's been their best company to deal with through the delays over the past year. They said their other brands are now over a year out for delivery times, and they are getting very little product if any from them. I thought we would have turned the corner on the supply chain crunch by now, but I'm afraid it's still headed in the wrong direction.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #79  
Well - now we have tennis ball shortages. First, they were all stuck behind the ship blocking the canal.

Now, they are all stuck in China due to a new COVID outbreak.

Next, they will be stuck in LA waiting to be unloaded from all the cargo in backlog.

Oh the horror!

MoKelly