Walter Mondale passed away

/ Walter Mondale passed away #12  
Did you happen to watch the funeral when the guy got up and read off all his titles? It was when the casket began lowering into the vault.

My goodness the Royals can give themselves titles.

MoKelly
I did watch the entire funeral, including the Lord Chamberlain reading a fraction of his titles; really, only his Dukedom, a Barony and 3 Knighthoods were read. The Knighthoods in particular were for 70 odd YEARS of service to HM and to over 400 charities/organisations throughout the Commonwealth. The latter half of the 'reading' was mostly about his service and support to HM the Queen, his wife of 73 years.

Did you happen to notice his row of medals? 5 WWII Campaign Stars (4 of them for specific theatres) and a MID. He served, in combat, on his own merits.

/ Walter Mondale passed away #13  
I did watch the entire funeral, including the Lord Chamberlain reading a fraction of his titles; really, only his Dukedom, a Barony and 3 Knighthoods were read. The Knighthoods in particular were for 70 odd YEARS of service to HM and to over 400 charities/organisations throughout the Commonwealth. The latter half of the 'reading' was mostly about his service and support to HM the Queen, his wife of 73 years.

Did you happen to notice his row of medals? 5 WWII Campaign Stars (4 of them for specific theatres) and a MID. He served, in combat, on his own merits.

I did notice all the medals - but didn’t know what they all meant.

I did know he fought in WWII - really fought v token appearances.

His portrayal in Netflix “The Crown” was far from flattering.

MoKelly

/ Walter Mondale passed away #14  
I did notice all the medals - but didn’t know what they all meant.

I did know he fought in WWII - really fought v token appearances.

His portrayal in Netflix “The Crown” was far from flattering.

MoKelly

Yes, that series really tainted my view of him, unfortunately, and the same actor played an absolute monster in the series “Outlander”.

Too bad, because he was apparently a good guy. My daughter got one of his “Duke of Edinburgh” awards.

/ Walter Mondale passed away #16  
Well .... so much for the Mondale legacy!

/ Walter Mondale passed away
Didn’t he pick the first woman VP candidate to run with him against Reagan?

MoKelly
Yes, Senator Geraldine Ferraro. They were trounced royally in 1984.

/ Walter Mondale passed away #19