Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation #1  

dlctcg

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D, Lull 400, IR SP-48 Roller
I know this is a pretty rudimental attachment.... but wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a reasonably priced Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch that works well? I want to purchase one but see prices all over the place & mixed reviews. A friend of ours has a generic / no name one he purchased & he hates it... says it moves left to right on his bucket when ever he is moving one of his trailers (& his trailers are pretty small). We will not be using it for any real heavy use, mostly to move the log splitter to the our splitting area, move the utility & boat trailers, etc.

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation #2  
Do you have a quick attach bucket on your TC?

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation
@kennyd... Yes, the TC has quick attach & I thought about purchasing a quick attach front plate with a trailer hitch. But I think this will be used mostly to move the splitter around so a clamp on would allow me to bring the splitter down to the splitting area & not have to go back up for the bucket.... I know it's not that big of a deal but would save me a couple a trips... if it just clamped on...

That said if they all wobble around... or to get a god one is just as much (or) then a quick attach one.. the I will need to rethink it...

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation #4  
You can cut a hole and just put the ball in as needed...light duty use only of course.

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation #5  
What about getting a set of forks with a built in hitch? You will have MUCH better visibility, it won't slide around, and you'll use the fork much more than you think you will.

What about getting a set of forks with a built in hitch? You will have MUCH better visibility, it won't slide around, and you'll use the fork much more than you think you will.
Already have fork, unfortunately they don't have a hitch built in... & you're correct... one of the most used attachments we own...

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation #7  
I think they sell hitches that slide over the fork.

I use a SSQA plate hitch, clamp on's looked too narrow to not move around.

/ Clamp On Tractor Bucket Hitch Recommendation #8  
Have someone (or yourself) add a hitch into the center of the frame, or as Ken mentioned you can get ones that attach to the end of a fork tine.

Have someone (or yourself) add a hitch into the center of the frame, or as Ken mentioned you can get ones that attach to the end of a fork tine.

Ken... that piece looks nice.... but misses the "reasonably priced" target... $375 with shipping.... wow...

Don't get me wrong I have some pricey attachments, but I'm looking to move a log splitter & a couple of small trailers... That's more than a SSQA hitch receiver.. I may just look at going the the SSQA route...