Dealer Fees

/ Dealer Fees #11  
I know dealers have to make money, but one thing I hate is fees on everything, like the utility bills (phone, electric, gas, etc.).

Were these fees disclosed upfront with the quote? If not, I'd say that's foul play.

They are disclosed in tiny letters bunched together on the bottom of the form such that no human can read!

MoKelly

/ Dealer Fees #12  
Why is the implement rebate applied after tax?
It makes the rebate less and/or the tax higher.
It makes the bottom line higher.

It’s like they’re collecting tax on $400 that you didn’t pay.

....but they can just say it’s really a $371 rebate and we’re also giving back the $29 of taxes you payed on that $371.

Is that the difference between a “rebate” (after tax) and a discount (before tax)?

/ Dealer Fees #13  
Not Bobcat, but here's mine.. Simple and no funny business at all. The 'doc fee' was $146 and was for the financing.

Did all these fees pop up *after* you ordered? I'd be hollering long and loud if that's the case..

8zUmu99.jpg

/ Dealer Fees
I have not ordered yet and may not. I have a Kioti dealer closer but I do not like the way the Backhoe mounts on the Kioti compared to the Bobcat.

/ Dealer Fees #15  
I have a Kioti dealer closer but I do not like the way the Backhoe mounts on the Kioti compared to the Bobcat.
That's fine, I'm not trying to sell tractors.. If the dealer gave you all those fees up front in a quote, then at least you know what you are getting into and are better prepared to compare. Just make sure all the dealers you get quotes from include all the fees as well..

Good luck.

/ Dealer Fees #16  
I have not ordered yet and may not. I have a Kioti dealer closer but I do not like the way the Backhoe mounts on the Kioti compared to the Bobcat.
All that changes the dynamics of the quote .The dealer will do what he thinks he can get away with and if it were me, I would send an email that "no mention was made of these add-on fees so I need to back burner this for a while. I'll get back to you later." This isn't rude or obnoxious and you really could just be thinking it out. I'm not paying anything for someone to assemble something that comes assembled.

Maybe work on a Plan B of something different just to see how you're treated and what the prices are. I know you're in a rural area but no reason to do this to a customer. If they get away with it now, what would the future hold?

You could also email something like "I'm not comfortable with those add-on fees" and see what he says. You don't have to buy at what he say says the price.

Last edited:
   / Dealer Fees
Thanks for all the replies guys just wanted to male sure this wasn't the norm before I reply back to his quote. Thanks again

/ Dealer Fees #18  
You could also get the Kubota people to come down a little in price. They sell tons more stuff so more likely have better resale and eperience with things that go wrong. They have a better dealer network and brand recognition. I've had lots of tractors over the years and Kubota has been the best. Nothing ever goes wrong (knock knock) and I get superb resale when I sell or trade.

/ Dealer Fees #19  
I believe in State of Washington, rebates are considered a taxable service item and that's why the implement rebate is listed post tax on the quote. Additionally, it's really nice to see a dealership this transparent, showing all it's fees upfront before placing any order. No surprises.

Make sure Kubota and Kioti don't have hidden fees. Personally, I don't see the benefit of purchasing a Bobcat tractor over an OEM Kioti or Kubota tractor, except that Bobcat service departments typically have specialized experts in hydraulics due to their high volume skidsteer business.

My local Bobcat dealer has had the exact same tractor inventory in his yard for last 8 months, and has not sold a single tractor. Yet he has seen over a 300% increase in skidsteer and construction equipment sales. What that tells me is he will deliberately prioritize skidsteers over tractors in both his sales and service department.

/ Dealer Fees
Well Kioti and Bobcat are basically the same tractor from what I'm told I just didn't like the way they mount the Backhoe on the Kioti. They both fall under Doosan name. Very familiar with Doosan on the forklift side.