Tractor availability

/ Tractor availability #1  

cotractor

Tractor
Kubota
I live in Colorado and have been searching for a new 40-55HP HST tractor in the range of a DK10 Series Kioti, I've looked as big as LS MT347 but that is a little bigger than I need, etc. The local Kubota and John Deere dealers are completely out of stock. I'm willing to take a Kubota, Kioti, LS, TYM, JD, but nothing. I've called in Colorado, Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, and every dealer I call is either completely out of stock, or has one or two units that don't fit the bill.

I'm willing to take a road trip to get what I want. Anywhere west of Ohio is doable. Is it the same everywhere? Dealers have tons of units listed on their websites, but when you call, they just want a deposit for delivery "sometime". They can't even say when and they can't even quote a firm price.

Last edited:
   / Tractor availability #2  
What you are seeing is the norm this year. Crazy world.

I don't know what exactly he has in stock right now but he did have some inventory on the lot a couple of weeks ago - call John Kalb at Kalb Equipment in Memphis you might get lucky. His website does not list inventory so you'll need to call.

/ Tractor availability #3  
This is an odd time in the tractor market.

• Tractors are in relatively short supply due to supply chain problems.
  • Dealers have very little inventory.
  • Dealers and customers with submitted-to-factory orders report waiting four or more months for delivery.
  • Consumer demand seems to be fairly strong.
  • Spring is the busiest three month period for tractor sales.

Hopefully things will be better for the consumer during October-November-December.

/ Tractor availability #4  
Yes... it is the same everywhere. I bought my MX 5400 in late January and must have got the last one in VA. I will be listing my MX 5100 bought in 2012 for sale later this week. 210 hours, like new condition. Look for it in the classified section.

/ Tractor availability #5  
cotractor,

Welcome to the Tractor By Net - Forums. Glad that you are here :) . Lots of good people and information here, as you make decisions.

Given the issue you describe... stick with a main brand tractor like JD, Kubota or your preference. Secondary brands are great also, but may have an even more difficult time getting stock or parts in the months ahead.

I would also be searching the Classifieds, Marketplace ads for something used, as there may be people needing to downsize, and / or reduce debt.

All the best with your search.

/ Tractor availability #6  
Welcome to TBN.
As other have said already,if what you want not on the lot you'll need to get on the waiting list.

/ Tractor availability #7  
Have you looked at the Yanmar dealers?

willy

/ Tractor availability #8  
I was recently looking in TN and FL. Similar experience JD had tractors in the 20ish HP range but nothing bigger. Some Kubota dealers I went to had 1 or 2 tractors in your range. Bobcat, NH and TYM had tractors in FL in this range. All the Branson dealers I went to had tractors and they were selling so they must be getting stock ok.

/ Tractor availability #9  
I drove past the JD dealer three days ago. He had, at least, 40 or more compact & subcompact tractors in his yard. Even some of the 5 and 6 series tractors.

/ Tractor availability #10  
I've been looking since December. No NHs in the 35 to 45 range, Deere mega dealership (5 states) has a very few, not exactly what I'm looking for and outrageously priced. Ls zero, Kubota zero, Massey has some, Case IH has a few but not what I want. Even the off brands are low inventory. On the other hand I recently sold (I'm downsizing) my 3930 for more than expected.