Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,351  
One of my jobs in the high school days was mowing grass and taking care of the course at the local golf course. Kind of fun in those days. Unless I got stuck whipping the greens which I did often. But I sure got my excercise in before moost everyone got out of bed. Those greens do not get that perfect by themselves :cool:

So that what due is. The only due we get is frosted due.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,352  
They used to make those mail jeeps here in South Bend. There were always 2-3 used ones sitting in front of the post office with for sale signs on them. This was in the 60s and 70s. Many were purchased by rural newspaper route drivers, as they had right-hand drive. Kids liked to buy them as well. Some went for just $200.
When I was looking ~1976 the darn things were going for nearly $2000. So my first car was a bottom end $600 1971 Dodge Charger with 102,000 miles.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,353  
So that what due is. The only due we get is frosted due.
back in the day, out here the mowers also left tiny clumps of grass. The whip took care of those as well as the dew. I never had frosted due.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,354  
I had a free 70 Nova from my parents, a $500 71 Nova, a $900 61 Nova, and a free 72 4 door Nova, a $500 motorcycle, a $600 motorcycle, a $1000 3/4 ton pickup. Then I got married and stepped up to $5000 cars. :p

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,355  
Any more talk about Novas and I’m going to have to “prune” this thread. :ROFLMAO:
Lets keep the thread on the subject of electric vehicles. :giggle:
Just havin a little fun....

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,356  
Any more talk about Novas and I’m going to have to “prune” this thread. :ROFLMAO:
I never thought much of Novas at the time back the high school days. One of my rowdy buddies had one of the 68 to 74 style (the best and maybe only good looking) and it always got us home. But looking at them now, they were a nice looking vehicle. Nice lines. Plus they could handle a big engine.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,357  
^^ I should add according to my rowdy friend there was adequate back seat room. :ROFLMAO:

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,358  
^^ I should add according to my rowdy friend there was adequate back seat room. :ROFLMAO:
Our 1970 had bench seats and 3 on the tree. My wife could sit next to me. I miss that aspect of older cars. I could put my arm around her and shift left handed or she could shift for me. She had a 71 Chevelle with bench seats. When she drove, I'd sit next to her. People gave me the weird eye for that. :ROFLMAO:

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,359  
Anyone have a Nova carcass to experiment with?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,360  
Read in the local rag that 'Lordstown Motors' probably won't ever produce the electric pickup truck they want to make... reason... Not enough capital. I see their stock has sunk to almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.