Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,924  
tractor + wood; I made a video.

Isn't that dangerous of the rootball coming up underneath the tractor? It appears that the front of the tractor is over the root system. Or is the tree just breaking off?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,925  
Some roots come out; that's why I like doing it that way.
I don't think it's dangerous; as far as logging goes, this is about as safe as it gets, other than paying someone else to do it.

There are invasive non-native bushes that grow everywhere here, so I take my mower into the woods once or twice a year.
Stumps are bad.
I either cut them high up so I can pull them out later (stumps too big for my tractor to pull out will be rotten enough after a year or two), or for little trees like that one pull it out right after I cut or push it down.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,926  
Needed a new seat part for an old rustic bench the wife has in her garden. Had a couple red pine logs that have been laying in the woods for over a year and figured one of those would work.

Bored in on one side and cut back to the end, Went from the end in on the other side.

P1010083.JPG

P1010084.JPG

P1010087.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,927  
Needed a new seat part for an old rustic bench the wife has in her garden. Had a couple red pine logs that have been laying in the woods for over a year and figured one of those would work.

Bored in on one side and cut back to the end, Went from the end in on the other side.

View attachment 702424

View attachment 702425

View attachment 702426

gg
So were you looking for the slab in the middle, or the half rounds on the outside?

What saw is that? Looks like an Echo.

I was cutting some 2x4s on the mill a while back and ran into a pair of spikes which killed my blade so I stopped cutting on that piece of wood and put it to the side. Ended up making a nice bench for around my pool..

Attachments

• IMG_5716.JPG
    IMG_5716.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 113
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,928  
So were you looking for the slab in the middle, or the half rounds on the outside?

What saw is that? Looks like an Echo.

I was cutting some 2x4s on the mill a while back and ran into a pair of spikes which killed my blade so I stopped cutting on that piece of wood and put it to the side. Ended up making a nice bench for around my pool..
Really nice bench Hunt !!!

I wanted the slab. It just sits across a couple upright logs stuck in the ground - very simple.

The saw is an old Husqvarna 359 with a 20" bar. I swapped out the catalytic muffler for a normal one so it could breath easier and defeated the carb screw tuning restrictions so I could tune it. Runs good for a 60 cc saw.

gg

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,929  
Really nice bench Hunt !!!

I wanted the slab. It just sits across a couple upright logs stuck in the ground - very simple.

The saw is an old Husqvarna 359 with a 20" bar. I swapped out the catalytic muffler for a normal one so it could breath easier and defeated the carb screw tuning restrictions so I could tune it. Runs good for a 60 cc saw.

gg
Thanks, and as I said it was pretty much scrap lumber I had here, and that slab just sits on top of that 6x6 frame.

Thinking about another Echo saw, I sold my big (to me) MS362 Stihl and looking at a 50cc Echo... big enough for anything I want to do.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,930  
MAN... you sold your MS362?? Some lucky guy got a cool saw...