Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#3,451  
There’s a place I frequently walk. It’s a huge botanical garden. There’s 3 free complementary charging stations for members. I walk 1+ hour. If I can talk my wife into an EV, we could charge while we walk.
Problem is, theyre going to need 50 of them by next year.
At home the Leaf will add about 24 miles of range in 1 hour. It has the 6.6 amp rated charger which draws about 26 when charging and if I had a 16 amp cable it would charge about 12 miles an hour of course the 120 volt charge cord give me 6 mi of range per hour.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,452  
From another post it seems to be related to tailpipe emission test results only. From what I have been reading today it seems like the carbon credits helps fossil fuel vehicle manufacturers keep their doors open and not get shut down by the government because of emissions standards. Honda and FCA were the two buying carbon credits from Tesla from a Google search. GM is good thanks to the Volt/Bolt and and Ford learned the carbon credit rules early on it seems. For autos the need to buy carbon credits is quickly becoming a thing of the past because manufacturers are moving to vehicles that meet the federal standard or state standards or merging with other auto makers.
GM is buying credits from Tesla as of 2019.

#3,453  
GM is buying credits from Tesla as of 2019.
Well I have everything to learn on this subject. Sounds like GM is started to wake up and see the light. Sounds like they're taking a play out of Tesla's hand book and getting into the EV business in a serious way which means making their own EV batteries.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,454  
That place is a nightmare.
Maybe the workers can live in Slab City in harmony with all the squatter hippies living on SSI checks.
That place is such a mess, a lithium mine is probably it’s only salvation….

#3,455  

Facing Emission Fines, Ford Becomes Ravenous for Carbon Credits

Other Automakers Paid Tesla a Record $428 Million Last Quarter​

Thanks for these two articles. The reader's comments on the first article was extremely helpful.

I was thinking the carbon credit thing was about to go away but it sounds like it's just getting it high gear and I did not even know about the need for them in the EC.

What boggles my mind is why the manufacturers did not do like Tesla was doing instead of paying Tesla to get them out of the crack temporarily?

Now I understand why Tesla is working around the clock to be able to get 2 million new EVS on the market in 2022 to help the old OEMs players so they don't totally miss the EV evolution. It seems like Tesla does have a soft spot for Volkswagen.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,457  
the Salton Sea, which is one of the most polluted places on the planet due to decades of agricultural runoff.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,458  
Cap and Trade - History of Carbon Credits and Carbon Trading

No wonder I did not understand this subject. 50 years this subject was not even on my radar anymore than our farting cows.
It's not just farting cows, it's also those darn feral hogs:

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,459  
Rivian just announced a delay in production due to a shortage of materials. Deliveries were supposed to start end of this month. Minimum, two month delay.
Considering Ford can't even produce a garden variety gas powered F150 this is not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.