Should I say something

/ Should I say something #31  
thats why there is filter on it.

/ Should I say something #32  
Be true to yourself and to how you would like to be treated.

If you were the new owner, what would you want the previous owner to do?

The golden rule is set aside all too often these days.

/ Should I say something #33  
thats why there is filter on it.
That's what I was thinking. I once had a truck tranny serviced, and he tried to sell me a rebuild because "there was metal in the pan."
I told him to put it back together, and although he warned me that I might not make it home, I put another 100K miles on it, then sold it with the original tranny.

/ Should I say something #34  
That's what I was thinking. I once had a truck tranny serviced, and he tried to sell me a rebuild because "there was metal in the pan."
I told him to put it back together, and although he warned me that I might not make it home, I put another 100K miles on it, then sold it with the original tranny.
Thirty some years ago I used to own a transmission shop. When you are in the business, you get to know how other shops operate. There was one that played that game and would add some filings to the pan before they showed it to the customer. Sad.

/ Should I say something #36  
Sadly, the guys who do bad stuff don't seem to worry about sleeping soundly. It used to be fairly common for tire shops that wanted to make a little more money to squirt some oil on a shock or two, and point it out to the customer who came in for tires. "Gee, thanks for showing me that- sure, go ahead and replace those bad shocks." Metal filings in the pan doesn't surprise me.

/ Should I say something #37  
Here’s my take - approaching this person who bought it has no upside.
1 It’s kind of creepy. You sold it. Let it go.
2 The new owner may be very well satisfied with his purchase. All you will accomplish is make trouble for him.
Exactly. NOTHING good will come from putting your nose back into this ABSOUTLY NOTHING. There is NO upside. ONLY downside. "Even if" the tractor is about to fall about tomorrow. NOTHING good will come of you causing trouble between him and the dealer. Let him fight his own battles with the dealer. DO NOT cause trouble.

/ Should I say something #38  
The golden rule is set aside all too often these days.
I thought the golden rule was “He who has the gold makes the rules.”

j/k brother ;) I know it’s important to treat others the way we want to be treated.

/ Should I say something #39  
Call the handyman. Tell him you're happy to see your old tractor still hard at work, that it had been a good tractor for lots of years, you'd sold it for parts due to issues with metal filings in the transmission fluid, and you're glad it's been fixed or that he's going to fix it when the transmission goes bad. Maybe offer him your records file so he'll know when it next needs service, or so he can see that the tractor was well maintained. Be a friend, not a tattle-tale.

All that will do is potentially get you stuck in the middle of a legal battle and probably a libel suit from the seller.

/ Should I say something #40  
All that will do is potentially get you stuck in the middle of a legal battle and probably a libel suit from the seller.

Agreed!

I firmly agree with those who said say "NOTHING"

Not because you're not a nice guy. It's just none of your business.