What were you doing when you were 11 years old?

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #21  
At 11 I was milking the cows, feeding the hogs, baling hay and whatever my Dad told me to do.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #22  
When I was 11 I was just starting 7th grade and spending my spare time on my bicycle cruising the neighborhood and on the Mississippi River batture looking for returnable soda and beer bottles to turn in for 2 cents each and for scraps of copper to bring to the recycling plant.

Whoa, we did the same, just outside NOLA. But I think we got a nickel. We bought candy at the drugstore. (I’m almost 55 now)

I don’t think people litter like they used to. I wonder if the crying Indian commercials were effective? He was actually Italian, lived in or near New Orleans.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #23  
Amazing and a great tune.
Let’s hope that youngster doesn’t end up like so many rock stars do.
One of my favorites, but tragic lives lost to drugs, was Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots.
I got to see him on my 33rd birthday. Man could they put on a show.

View attachment 711320

They have a ton of their concerts on YouTube. I love “Grunge” rock, they also killed off hair metal.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #24  
At 11 I was milking the cows, feeding the hogs, baling hay and whatever my Dad told me to do.
We had milk cows too, we were milking 10 to 12 cows, twice a day, by hand...

Before I was 11, my dad had a 20 acre wheat field that had a "new weed" in it, called yellow rocket. Us kids had to go out every day and hand weed that 20 acre field until all the yellow rocket was gone!

And, that was besides our regular chores too.

SR

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #25  
Milking and feeding cows, feeding calves, field work.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #26  
When I was 11 I had two well fortified passions...fishing and golf...they've both stayed with me even though physical issues have mostly stopped hands on participation...
I grew up along the barrier islands of W. central FL...by the time I was 11 fishing was a well paying job for a kid my age...I could catch fish and I could sell or trade fish...I also had a row boat and several strings of crab traps...
...Much of the time I was 11...I was wishing I was 12 so (by parents permission) I could spend some of my money on an outboard engine...!!!

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #27  
I was taking piano lessons and listening to my parents music....I thought that was all there was.

At 12, I discovered rock n roll. I remember being upset for a short time with my parents for "hiding" it from me. :)

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #28  
At 11 it was 1973 and Dad bought a new IH1466 for our big tractor. I had been doing field work with our 4010 and 4020 but with this jump up in size I did all the fieldwork with - I put over 90% of the hours on that tractor until I went to college. The truth was I loved that tractor, Dad was not a real fan of fieldwork and my older couldn't find enough things to complain about that tractor since he liked green paint. hence it was mine and that was more than OK by me. I can hear a 436 running amongst a group of tractors to this day and it fills me with many good memories.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #29  
lots of stuff i guess but...... just by chance, JFK was killed when i was 11.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #30  
lots of stuff i guess but...... just by chance, JFK was killed when i was 11.

I was 9.

I still remember that day and how terribly upset my Mom was after the news.

I remember where I was vividly for 3 events that I was not personally involved — JFK, Elvis death and 911.

MoKelly