4WD light on DK4510

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #1  

Nancy Kowalski

Tractor
Kioti DK4510HS
Hi there. I see a warning light for when the 4WD is engaged. I noticed that mine does not light up when the 4WD is activated. I know for a fact that the 4WD system is working having used it to get my self out of some stuck situations.

Should I have dealer do the warranty work on this?

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #2  
Hi Nancy Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately indicator lights on Kioti are something special. In some markets and models they work in others they don't, it just depends on what regulations they have to follow. I have a bunch of indicators that I can see on my dash but only a few work. Someone else with the same machine will have to chime in to see if yours is set up to have the pto light working.

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #3  
Hi there. I see a warning light for when the 4WD is engaged. I noticed that mine does not light up when the 4WD is activated. I know for a fact that the 4WD system is working having used it to get my self out of some stuck situations.

Should I have dealer do the warranty work on this?

The 4wd indicator on the instrument panel isn't used on the DK10 models, I suspect because the instrument panel is also used on the larger models that have electric engagement for the 4wd.

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #4  
The 4wd indicator on the instrument panel isn't used on the DK10 models, I suspect because the instrument panel is also used on the larger models that have electric engagement for the 4wd.

Exactly right. Many of the CK and newer DK series that have manual engagement will have the position and even the light bulb but will not actuate when in 4WD by design. My older DK series tractor has a working 4wd light. In fact two of them. One on the dash and the other is the electrical switch itself lights up with in 4WD. But again this is an electrical over hydraulic actuation.

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #5  
Hi Nancy Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately indicator lights on Kioti are something special. In some markets and models they work in others they don't, it just depends on what regulations they have to follow. I have a bunch of indicators that I can see on my dash but only a few work. Someone else with the same machine will have to chime in to see if yours is set up to have the pto light working.
Is there a simple plug and play option that can get this working as it should?

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #6  
Is there a simple plug and play option that can get this working as it should?
No. Some of the lights are only active on the European models. The lights are in the dash but only light during the initial "test" when you turn on the ignition. Traced out the wiring diagrams and could see the terminals on the MCU on the US drawings have no connections but on EU drawing it shows circuits for 4WD and QT (for example) that are not available here. I looked to confirm whether the wiring harness had anything near the switch location to tie into for adding a micro-switch to the lever but the wiring (for the switches) is not there, also indicated in drawing. The switch would be right above the parking brake. Nothing for QT/4WD but that is where the OBD2 port is. The QT (quick turn) feature uses steering position sensors to bias the hydro to the rear wheels to assist steering.

1630693206195.png

1630693225433.png

Last edited:
   / 4WD light on DK4510 #7  
On my DK35SE the only issue is in direct sun it's hard to read and otherwise my knee hits it when I'm playing log rodeo in the woods. I see the DK4510 has moved the switch under the steering column so I thought all was well now?

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #8  
On my DK35SE the only issue is in direct sun it's hard to read and otherwise my knee hits it when I'm playing log rodeo in the woods. I see the DK4510 has moved the switch under the steering column so I thought all was well now?
Switch? My "lever" is under my left knee and I think "up" is 4wd and "down" is 2wd. I can't remember and it is hard to lean forward enough to see the tiny pictures that are almost identical. :LOL:

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #9  
Switch? My "lever" is under my left knee and I think "up" is 4wd and "down" is 2wd. I can't remember and it is hard to lean forward enough to see the tiny pictures that are almost identical. :LOL:

Just like the diff lock, stomp for traction (4wd) :)

/ 4WD light on DK4510 #10  
my 4x4 switch lights up, and a light on the dash lights up. but its a 2010 DK45. youll have to ask your dealer