Do backyard tractors need grease?

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #21  
The trade norm is every 8-10 hours for greasing.
A battery powered gun makes the job almost fun.
Down side is getting grease on clothing and being subjected to the wife's tirade when that grease permeates the tightly whiteites.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #22  
Ok. I guess the Milwaukee site is wrong.

I read this statement; "The tool’s 2-speed design offers users the ability to select between max pressure and max flow rate."

My Dewalt is variable speed through the trigger like a drill. There's no dial to fiddle with.
Ya its actually 2 different things. You have 2 speeds, then a grease volume setting. I was referring to the volume setting.

"The M18™ Cordless 2-Speed Grease Gun delivers maximum pressure and unmatched versatility, offering an industry leading 10,000 PSI max operating pressure and a patent pending pre-set grease counter that allows service and maintenance professionals to dispense precise amounts of grease."

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #23  
Am I the only one that actually enjoys greasing the tractor or backhoe using the good old lever style grease gun and get hands all greasy? No electric grease gun, no fancy lock n lube stuff. Just a regular grease gun. I do have a pneumatic one but don't really enjoy using it much.
Have you ever used a battery powered grease gun?
I have several manual grease guns, and one pneumatic.
Once you use a battery powered one, and with Lock-N Lube, you will never go back!
Perhaps they are not common in Portugal?

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #24  
Have you ever used a battery powered grease gun?
I have several manual grease guns, and one pneumatic.
Once you use a battery powered one, and with Lock-N Lube, you will never go back!
Perhaps they are not common in Portugal?
Yes those are available, however I just never bothered to invest on the battery grease gun. I've thought about something like the Lock N lube but decided against it, since I found another standard grease gun tip laying around to replace a bad one I had.

Both the tractor, backhoe and electric forklift (which used like one a year), just take one, maybe two pumps. It's not really an hard or exhausting job by any means.

I don't even use cartridges for the grease gun. I just fill it by hand from the 5 kg pail. I did read somewhere that I would get more grease for the money by buying one of those 12 cartridge boxes, so I might consider changing to that once I finish what I have.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #25  
As a kid (9-15 range) dad owned an IH dealership. One of the things I could do to help out around the shop was grease zerks. Once we get our shop built, I am looking forward doing it for myself, actually.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #27  
I am like ptsg and use hand pump. I have both lever and pistol style. Tractor and loader around 20 zerks so not that many.
Farmer I help has Milwaukee electric and we grease his implements every time we fill tractor with fuel. I believe pros and cons to both hand operated and battery operated. Battery operated I have difficulty telling if pumping grease when cold and hand operated sometimes difficult to get tip on zerks and have room to pump the handle.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #28  
Yes those are available, however I just never bothered to invest on the battery grease gun. I've thought about something like the Lock N lube but decided against it, since I found another standard grease gun tip laying around to replace a bad one I had.

Both the tractor, backhoe and electric forklift (which used like one a year), just take one, maybe two pumps. It's not really an hard or exhausting job by any means.

I don't even use cartridges for the grease gun. I just fill it by hand from the 5 kg pail. I did read somewhere that I would get more grease for the money by buying one of those 12 cartridge boxes, so I might consider changing to that once I finish what I have.
Man you do love grease! That’s cool!

/ Do backyard tractors need grease?
ANY machine that has grease zerks needs frequent greasing.
Once for every 8 hours of use is considered normal, but considering operating conditions, greasing more frequently could be useful.
A battery powered grease gun (Milwaukee or similar) is a wonderful tool, and the OP should consider a ($30) "Lock-N-Lube" also.
Lock and Lube is necessary.