Kioti

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti #1  

Droptine

Tractor
Kubota
Hey all,
So I'm in the market for a new tractor and I had my mind set on a Kubota but I've been researching the kioti tractor and seems pretty good, so my question is Kubota or kioti? Anybody owe and have any information they could provide in helping me in my decision would be greatly appreciated thank you

/ Kioti
*own

/ Kioti #3  
Test drive an LS

willy

/ Kioti #4  
Kioti makes a good tractor. I have had good service from mine.

@Williy You are letting me down. What happened to Yanmar?

/ Kioti #5  
Fyi, you can edit your own posts. :)

I am in the research phase and both Kubota and Kioti...and LS are on the radar. In my case, the Kubota dealer is 33 miles closer, so that is a factor. What size range tractor are you wanting? For me, 25-50 HP...probably land on the high side of that. If I can figure out how to share my spreadsheet...I have about 5 tractors each for JD, CaseIH, Kioti, LS, Kubota, TYM and Branson. Trying to compare apples to apples. Only knock on Kioti, for me, is they don't publish MSRP. That makes me work a lot harder to compare.

/ Kioti #6  
Fyi, you can edit your own posts. :)

I am in the research phase and both Kubota and Kioti...and LS are on the radar. In my case, the Kubota dealer is 33 miles closer, so that is a factor. What size range tractor are you wanting? For me, 25-50 HP...probably land on the high side of that. If I can figure out how to share my spreadsheet...I have about 5 tractors each for JD, CaseIH, Kioti, LS, Kubota, TYM and Branson. Trying to compare apples to apples. Only knock on Kioti, for me, is they don't publish MSRP. That makes me work a lot harder to compare.
I bought a DK4510 Manual Shuttle ~10K less than comparable Massey and Kubota.

1630956111329.png

/ Kioti #7  
Hey all,
So I'm in the market for a new tractor and I had my mind set on a Kubota but I've been researching the kioti tractor and seems pretty good, so my question is Kubota or kioti? Anybody owe and have any information they could provide in helping me in my decision would be greatly appreciated thank you

I own a 60 hp Kubota and my buddy owns a 35 hp Kioti. Both of us are more than satisfied with the reliability.

The Kubota is a lot fancier and has all kinds of extras that he didn't get - and didn't want - on his Kioti. An example is 6 speed HST with adjustable attack on the Kubota. And a canope. His Kioti is a manual shift and open station. Partly he didn't want to spend any extra money than he needed for basic tractor, and partly he was concerned with the possibility of more system failures.

I do more maintenance and keep the Kubota tarped. He is less keen on maintenance and his Kioti often just sits outside. Now with 1000 hrs on on the Kubota and 500 on the Kioti, I'd say the Kubota looks better, but both tractors they have both been equally reliable.

For what it's worth - maybe not much - I bought the Kubota to be our last tractor. He bought his Kioti as his first one.
Both of us think we got the better deal. I spent slightly over twice what he did.

I'd say read through the Kubota and Kioti specific forums here on TBN and use the search function to look for what is most important to you.

/ Kioti #8  
Check out service departments.

/ Kioti #9  
Check out service departments.

I agree, and check out the parts department. I have had both and currently have all kubota. My two closest kitties dealers , 10 miles away and 65 miles away always made me wait minimum of 2 weeks for even the simplest things like filters. Or a water pump. If I walked into any of the 8 kubota dealers within 100 miles I could get any part I wanted without ordering just for me

/ Kioti #10  
Here’s my take on Kubota vs Kioti - they are Both orange!

But seriously; I just upgraded from a Kubota L3400 to a Kioti DK5010. Both are standard transmission. My motivation for a new tractor was loader capacity. The closest Kubota is an L4701 - its loader could just pick what I desired, but it was right on the edge. Other features that gave the nod to Kioti were availability of extendable lower link arms, telescoping stabilizers, a 3pt lift control at the rear of the tractor. All in - with the aforementioned goodies and a 3rd function valve - the Kioti came in $7,000 cheaper than the Kubota.

My impression of the machines is that $ for $ the Kioti offers superior features. Kubota has the edge in hydraulic speed and smoothness, but falls short in brute strength. The Kioti dealer seems great - but Corporate support level is yet to be determined. Kubota gave me nothing to complain about during my 10yr ownership.

Do the exercise of determining what you are really going to using it for: bush hogging, loader work, snowplowing, skidding firewood, field plowing, haying, etc.

Watch YouTube videos: Niel from Messicks, Ask tractor Mike, Tractor time with Tim.

Pay attention to frame size not Horse Power - there are overlaps in HP at the top and bottom of frame sizes.

Good luck, have fun - feel free to ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.