Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #1  

Newblue

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA SS
Picked up my tractor after getting the axle seals replaced (seal between the center section and portal box) and noticed tooling marks on the chrome of the right steering cylinder. Some of the tooling marks even have a burr. Called them up after I got home and with it still on the trailer I noticed the damage. They said they would call me back to tell me what they would do. When they called back they said they would have to talk to the tech tomorrow to find out what he did. How likely is the tech to fess up to this? Tractor has supersteer so two cylinders. 750 hrs. Kept inside, even went so far as to wax it so not neglected.

Attachments

• PXL_20210830_183148939.jpg
    PXL_20210830_183148939.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 279
  • PXL_20210830_191256348.jpg
    PXL_20210830_191256348.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 258
  • PXL_20210830_184108028.jpg
    PXL_20210830_184108028.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 259
  • PXL_20210830_183148939.jpg
    PXL_20210830_183148939.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 270
  • PXL_20210830_183259228.jpg
    PXL_20210830_183259228.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 280
   / Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #2  
Who worked on it....the blacksmith?

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #3  
Who worked on it....the blacksmith?
Not any blacksmith I know... they are artists with metal.... "Hacksmith" maybe...

I would definitely document everything from this point forward... they need to be accountable no matter what the tech says.... We had a similar situation with a vehicle we own at the dealer that serviced it... they said the damage didn't happen "here" they checked with the tech... & that the owner would pull up & review the camera footage to prove it... I looked at them & said "go get him, we can review it together"... they fixed the damage!!!

Stand your ground... You machine is in excellent condition...

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #4  
That doesn't even look like the correct bolt through there. I think the bolt should be a double end shoulder bolt with threads and nut top and bottom. And what is going on with the orange paint showing through? Are these parts off of some other tractor?

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage
Oringinal hardware as it is the same on the other side. I believe the cylinder is original too. The orange is the primer I believe. Looks like they hammered the heck out of it to remove it from the knuckle. Why in the world would you hammer on the chrome part of the cylinder.

Dealer called me back this morning and said he didn't like his techs answers and asked for pics. Sent them and I called back a couple hours later to confirm that they recieved the pics and they said yes they did and are working on getting me another cylinder currently.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #7  
That is just horrible work ethics by the technician. It wouldn't be hard to use UHMW or wood blocks to put that in a vice trying to get the knuckle out without marring up the chrome.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #8  
Didn't use the forks to separate the knuckle.

/ Picked up TC 45DA from dealer and found damage #9  
Dealer had car for a week trying to fix a warranty problem (Electronic - Intermittent). I returned the loaner and picked the car up and left for a one week vacation. Upon returning from vacation I was washing the salt film off and found the two polished rims on the right had damage. The damage looked like damage caused by scrubbing the curb when parking. I knew I had not struck something so I called the dealer. His immediate reply was didn't happen here. He then asked me if it happened here why are you waiting for over a week after picking the car up before calling.

Needless to say when I pick up a vehicle now, I walk around it and check it over very careful.

Keeping this updated. After not hearing anything for a week I called them this morning and the dealer said the cylinder is not available any more so they are looking into getting the cylinder rechromed.