Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #51  
That will stop one from future stealing?

:)

Bruce
Well they are frigging the system, removal of the cods does eliminate the urge to frig.:oops:

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #53  
I agree that seems harsh,neutering is more apporoprate.
It is not about being harsh, but rather what could happen to YOU in a court of law!
The courts are not friends of the common man these days.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #54  
Glad to be in Texas. If it did come down to me having to shoot, it would be highly unlikely there would even be an arrest, much less a trial.

I do appreciate the camera suggestion. Now we need a thread about those! For now, I need some that just record. Once we have a building and electricity, I can set them up with WiFi. I am too cheap, er, frugal, to pay for cellular cameras.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #55  
Glad to be in Texas. If it did come down to me having to shoot, it would be highly unlikely there would even be an arrest, much less a trial.

I do appreciate the camera suggestion. Now we need a thread about those! For now, I need some that just record. Once we have a building and electricity, I can set them up with WiFi. I am too cheap, er, frugal, to pay for cellular cameras.
I would suggest that your arrest and trial would be very likely, unless you would plan on suicide.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #56  
By contrast,here's an instance where LEOs were willing to waste their time and mine on behalf of an obivous con game. A man looked at a trailer I had for sale and seemed ready to buy until I told him I could sell it with bill of sale as home made for $50 less than with title with brand name and serial#. His antenna realy went up and started asking why to which I answered that it wasn't in my name and would cost $50 to title in my name in addition to what he paid to transfer to his name. He left and I didn't give it any thought,,,,,until an officer with a nearby city called me. The guy was claiming the trailer was his and had been stolen. The officer said i could save everyone trouble if I alowed the guy to take the trailer and go. I told the officer he needed to start an investigation because I thought the guy was lying. The officer asked if I was unwilling to cooperate which in it's self is a felony to which I said i was more than willing to cooperate with an investigation but wasn't about to give the guy my trailer without one. I asked the officer what evidence the guy had establishing him as the owner,to which he said the guy had the serial # which matched my trailer. "Well yea,he just took the #s off my trailer 30 minutes ago!" The officer continued to nibble around the edge and intiminate me into turning the trailer over or face possible chargers including recieving stolen property. I asked the officer when he wanted to meet at my place with a warrant? This went on another 15 minutes until I said I'm through until I see some paperwork supporting the guy's story. That was over a year ago and I haven't heard another peep. Did I mention the guy belonged to a group which had been taking law inforcement to the wood shed over mistreating them? The lesson is you can't fight city hall but with enough menacing and backing of influential people you can have them join your cause.
I wouldn't buy a trailer without a title. How is the buyer supposed to determine if it's stolen or not. Slowing down thefts is the reason vehicles are titled. Hopefully the person that stole the op's trailer won't try to do what you were doing or it will never be recovered.
Why didn't the officer just run the vin on your trailer?

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #57  
I wouldn't buy a trailer without a title. How is the buyer supposed to determine if it's stolen or not. Slowing down thefts is the reason vehicles are titled. Hopefully the person that stole the op's trailer won't try to do what you were doing or it will never be recovered.
Why didn't the officer just run the vin on your trailer?
"I wouldn't buy a trailer without a title. How is the buyer supposed to determine if it's stolen or not?"

Tractors are not titled! (in Canada they are)
Would you never buy a used tractor?

Last edited:
   / Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #58  
Vehicle titles are a state law thing. The rules vary, not only by state, but also by size and such. In some cases it is optional.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #59  
Unfortunately you are wrong about this. I have or had a employee that had a gathering at is house on the weekend. One of his guests was getting out of a abusive relationship. The guy showed up high on drugs and started going after the girl and even was hitting kids.

My employee has his concealed carry license and was at his house. He used his gun to try and stop the guy. The guy charged at him so he shot. It did not stop the guy so he shot again. It took seven shots from a 45 auto to bring the guy down. My employee was arrested and charged with murder. He is still waiting for the trial and lost his job in the process. Not because I do not believe him but that he could not go into schools which is a big part of his job. He is out on bail.

Likely he will come out okay but it is not as simple as most believe.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #60  
Sounds like something is missing in that story. There have been many instances in Texas where the police do not even bother to charge because the law is pretty clear and juries in Texas nearly always find in favor of the defender. It is a waste of taxpayer dollars to prosecute that type of case. I suppose if it was a potential racial bias thing, the cops may have done it to avoid bad optics.

I feel bad for your employee. I hope he found other work in the meantime. Our place is in another county, but we are probably only 30 minutes from you.