Truck bed extender legality

/ Truck bed extender legality #51  
Thread drift and alternate ideas is what makes the forum more interesting to me. Otherwise, most threads would be one question and one answer that precisely fits the question.

I get lots of good ideas from the many different ways of looking at a problem, and a few laughs, too.

Bruce

/ Truck bed extender legality #52  
So some of these plants like cornstalks and ragweed that I enter get ~14' tall or more.
I got a chuckle out of this. Just before reading it I had cut a bunch of cornstalks for ornamental use... and laid them crossways in the bed of my Colorado.

/ Truck bed extender legality #53  
I got a chuckle out of this. Just before reading it I had cut a bunch of cornstalks for ornamental use... and laid them crossways in the bed of my Colorado.
Hope you put a flag on it :cool:

/ Truck bed extender legality
Thread drift and alternate ideas is what makes the forum more interesting to me. Otherwise, most threads would be one question and one answer that precisely fits the question.

I get lots of good ideas from the many different ways of looking at a problem, and a few laughs, too.

Bruce
I have zero issues with thread drift, or creative ideas, or even off toping conversation.

But asking a simple question to avoid a hassle....and the first response is to just deal with it....kinda sets the tone.

People come here genuinely looking for help, advise, ideas, etc. I choose to post if I have something I feel can help. If I don't, I simply don't post. Rather than choosing to post something I know is useless to everyone.

Sorry, it's not singling out one person or one post in particular. I see it on several threads every single day. I just chose to say something this time. It's not about this thread or that post....it's about this forum and so many people's mentality anymore.

/ Truck bed extender legality
Couple years ago I had some 17'10" tall stocks. The record is over 19'. Maybe next year...

/ Truck bed extender legality #56  
What I learned from this post,

The smartest guy in the room isn't necessarily the most helpful guy in the room.
Hitting the ignore button helps filter you down to real answers from people who want to help.

/ Truck bed extender legality #57  
Couple years ago I had some 17'10" tall stocks. The record is over 19'. Maybe next year...
i assume that you must stake or trellis them somehow?

/ Truck bed extender legality #59  
And the purpose of the extender brace is to support the long ends so they don't sag and break during transport, which no flag or blinker will do.

/ Truck bed extender legality #60  
Another option is to just use the trailer you haul your tractor on. I would use my 16' cargo trailer.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR