Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #21  
And $19.25 to run a forklift seems unreasonably low why?
What are you going to make running a forklift at a lumber yard? With no benefits and a lot more manual labor....

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #22  
Auto workers are unskilled labor. There is no reason they should expect to be able to make the money skilled trades do.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #23  
Last edited:
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #24  
And why should the profitability of a company have any bearing on wages?
Wages are based on the value of the work performed. By that logic you should work for free for a company that is running in the red.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #26  
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #27  
I remember in the 1980s when some male UAW employees at a Dodge plant sexually assaulted some female employees. Dodge fired those male employees. The UAW filed a grievance over those terminations. The union defends the worst employees and brings everyone down to the least common denominator.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #28  
Wow, they still had COLA? We lost that at our local (USWA) in the late 70's. I didn't think anybody was still getting that.
i just heard on tv that cola is not included in most union contracts anymore.

maybe 7 UP?

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #29  
I remember in the 1980s when some male UAW employees at a Dodge plant sexually assaulted some female employees. Dodge fired those male employees. The UAW filed a grievance over those terminations. The union defends the worst employees and brings everyone down to the least common denominator.
i have been there my friend. i never sexually assaulted anyone but on a couple occasions i got caught doing things that would have cost me my job.....if i was working in a non union situation.

Hard to believe the crap we got away with. i've got some great stories about the 2nd shift antics at a huge union shop!

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #30  
One reason is because the CEO makes $7093.16 an hour.

Well they should get off the forklift and become the CEO of a giant internationally recognized corporation.
5% is nothing to scoff at. Like someone else said the type of labor you do is independent of the value of that labor. How the free market works. You and I don’t want to pay anymore than market value for goods so why shots company do it for labor?

Status
Not open for further replies.