TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,951  
My Wife has one of the original version. It had a lot of failures-to-feed when she first got it. Seemed the magazine was too loose in the well, and would move with only moderate pressure from squeezing the grip. Eventually sent it in to Ruger, and they fixed it no charge. No idea what they did, but I am hard pressed to get that magazine to move now.

I still don't like shooting it, because it's just too small for my hand. She shoots it well, though, and now has enough confidence in it to carry it, as was the intent of the purchase in the first place. She still prefers her M
That said, the member here from SC kind of talked me into a PMR30 (22 magnum). Bought the gun, love the gun, and wouldn't think twice for using it for conceal carry (if I can't stop you with 30 rounds, 1 round in a bigger caliber isn't going to make much difference IMO LMAO). However, muzzle flash and "boom" on that gun is pretty strong IMO for someone new to firearms.
I would like to try that gun. Getting back on target for 2nd and 3rd round would maybe be easier. (EDIT) After looking it up and seeing videos, while it looks like a fun gun, it's too large to carry.

I agree that ya hafta be comfortable with what you carry. And my hands hurt after 2 mags of anything 9mm or bigger. I usually shoot my Ruger MK I for fun or a rifle.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,952  
After I decide which I like best for CC I am going to add fiber optic sights. I put a HiViz front sight on my Mark I and like it, and was thinking of a set for my CC.

Any feedback? I know of HiViz and Tru Glo. Are there generics?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,953  
What a morning, 2.2 got biggest deer we’ve ever taken in GA. Doe popped out snorting and I thought she’d busted us or there were some pigs. She stopped and 2.2 asked if he should take her then she turned around and I told him to hold on to see what developed. Took about two minutes for this guy to pop out, not sure if he was being careful or just wasn’t motivated yet but glad we had some patience.
9F010942-6D3A-4E43-87AD-3B93A38DF0DD.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,954  
A Glock 43X may fit the bill. A 2/3 scale single stack 9mm Glock with 10 round mags, though an aftermarket company sells 15 round mags for it.

If she finds charging it too difficult a small .38 revolver may also fit that bill. Ruger LCR or similar S&W.
I really want to go to the range and rent a 365 and 43 to shoot them one on one.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,955  
After I decide which I like best for CC I am going to add fiber optic sights. I put a HiViz front sight on my Mark I and like it, and was thinking of a set for my CC.

I’ve had poor luck with fiber optic style sights for EDC. Little bit of lint or dirt and they turn dark green/orange then go dark. I prefer good white dots or tritium for EDC guns.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,956  

Yeah, do it and practice...but probably not going to have time to aim...
Practice "point and shoot" too.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,957  
Protecting our Wife...
I am one of several that have a Wife that isn't really much of a gun person. She can shoot, does it well, but as far as going to a range and spending hours practicing, she only goes when I do, and almost always shoot only "her" gun. When I was trying to find just the right gun for her, I went thru a lot of money buying guns and putting them in the safe, never to be seen again. I finally started asking friends about guns they had and one had a Sig P238 which seemed to fit the bill of what "I" thought She needed. Once She decided that She liked it, I bought one and it stays with her most of the time. What I found out during this search, was that my Wife didn't like a revolver. Main reason was it was "front heavy" and took too much effort to hold the barrel up and steady. It didn't matter to her that it was a lot simpler for Her to shoot, less chance of a problem when it came to actually using it because She has no issues shooting a more complex gun like a semi auto. A Walther PPK imported by Interarms would be a good gun I thought, but racking the slide required too much effort, as holding the slide and actually making it chamber a round wasn't as easy as She wanted it to be. The Sig P238 has an easy to move slide, good position for safety, fits her hand nicely with or without the extended mag that I prefer when shooting it. In her hands, it is accurate enough to take out a snake at 20 feet, something that She preferred my (ie: read "her") Thompson Contender in 45LC/.410 that disappeared from my safe and resided on her side of the bed for many years before finding the Sig. A 45 in an Officers model 1911 was too much recoil and just "too big" for Her. Most of the straight walled cartridges I thought about were pretty much revolver or too big a frame size for Her or too much recoil for the smaller frame. A Sig in similar size 9mm just had too much recoil for Her. A Springfield Armory XDM was fun to shoot, after I spent a lot of time using the many grip sizes to fit her hand, but too big for her to be toting around, was her opinion.
I would be interested in hearing some of the things others have found when trying to find a gun that won a non-gun person over to actually carrying and shooting it.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,958  
Hello guys. Just returned from a two week ban and was floored when I saw how much catching up to I needed to do. Decided to just let it ride for now. Going to sight in the deer rifle today if the weather holds and getting ready for MI winter.

I did some interesting testing with the PCP rifle and will share my findings later. I have put 233 five shot groups through it and it is quite remarkable.

Heading to the kitchen to cook up some venison backstraps for brunch. Life is good!!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,959  
What a morning, 2.2 got biggest deer we’ve ever taken in GA. Doe popped out snorting and I thought she’d busted us or there were some pigs. She stopped and 2.2 asked if he should take her then she turned around and I told him to hold on to see what developed. Took about two minutes for this guy to pop out, not sure if he was being careful or just wasn’t motivated yet but glad we had some patience.
View attachment 718975

Does the image redacting have something to do with the age of the shooter and someone in school seeing the photo on social media? Not trying to stir the pot.....just trying to figure it out. The local newspaper runs a contest for youth hunters and posts pics of them and their deer where I live.