New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #21  
I had a GM 6.0 and never broke the 7 mpg mark. Had a Ford cab chassis 4x4 flatbed got 19 before I tooled it up. Then got 17. 460 4x4. Both were 1 tons. GM only had 36 k on it and 2wd. It ran great but was glad it had two tanks.
Lol, did you leave the parking brake on?

I filled my '03 2500HD 6.0L up yesterday, 14.6 mpg on the tank (among its best ever; 113k miles now, just finally built and installed a front air dam. Michelin LTX tires)

Last edited:
   / New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one.
Tip: next time ask before you buy! (just sayin')

It's got spark plugs. I don't approve :ROFLMAO: (yeah, I'm a diesel snob and I have no shame)

Would have never guessed by your screen name, lol.

I considered it, it’s main job is towing a 10k dump trailer and a 20k (registered at 10k) tilt deck, but even with a busy side business year, I’m only at 4K miles for the year, so with that limited use, the up charge is t worth it.

Lol, did you leave the parking brake on?

I filled my '03 2500HD 6.0L up yesterday, 14.6 mpg on the tank (among its best ever; 113k miles now, just finally built and installed a front air dam. Michelin LTX tires)

Never figured mine out, but pretty sure it’s average is 10-12, it ain’t great, but I do think 7 is way low.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #24  
I had a Chevy 2500 with the 6.0, a 2011 I think, and I always got better than 7 mpg, maybe 15 mpg On the highway.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #25  
I have 4.10 gears, 4wd and the 4L80 trans. My best tank mpg's come from loafing around the countryside at 50-60 mph, it goes back down to 12-13 at full Michigan highway speed. The 6-speed trans should definitely nab an extra mpg or two on the highway though.

And forgot, the Chevy goes down the road tomorrow for $5800!

I pad $5k for it 3 years ago.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #28  
Enter player 2….probably going to get this one instead. Until I make the 16’ the way I want it, the price difference will be negligible.

The first truck looked very solid. The second looks to have a lot more options, but they are the functional kind. The second truck has the 6.2L upgrade. More torque at a lower RPM. That’s a big win. That change came in MY 2017, so it isn’t a ”first year”, even though the change was minor. I prefer grey over white, but the options and new tires on the 2018, as well as the extra torque would be my choice, if price wasn’t a big difference. Plus, that’s two years less of sitting age.

The first truck looked very solid. The second looks to have a lot more options, but they are the functional kind. The second truck has the 6.2L upgrade. More torque at a lower RPM. That’s a big win. That change came in MY 2017, so it isn’t a ”first year”, even though the change was minor. I prefer grey over white, but the options and new tires on the 2018, as well as the extra torque would be my choice, if price wasn’t a big difference. Plus, that’s two years less of sitting age.

Yes I’ve been educating myself on the 6.2 upgrades. Very appealing. I like the newer body style better, but not crazy about white either.

My must haves are super cab, long bed, upfitter switches, integrated trailer brake controller, 2.5 inch hitch, back up camera, cab clearance lights, power windows, ac and remote start.

The 16’ I would have to change the hitch on day 1 and add some sort of back up camera. That would equalize the prices between the two.

Both need remote start added. I think I have the dealer for the 18 committed to adding it as part of the deal.

We’ll see.

/ New (er) truck time, tell me what you think of this one. #30  
I'm pretty sure that 16 still had the steel body , super duties started aluminum in MY 17 so another plus for the 18.