Tire valve stem question

/ Tire valve stem question #1  

Franko

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800/RTV900
My Kubota RTV front tire has a valve stem that seems screwed in too far, or something. I have trouble adding air - the little valve plunger in the valve is just too deep. So I bought another valve and tool. So, can I just remove the old one and quickly screw in the new one without jacking the RTV? How hard would it be to do this with the escaping air?

I have not done much with tires and nothing with valves, but I want to make this easy if it makes sense. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Frank

/ Tire valve stem question #2  
Yeah...... you will lose all the air even if you jack it. You have no jack???

/ Tire valve stem question #3  
Valve stem extenders?
download.jpeg-1.jpg

Attachments

• download.gif
    download.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 107
   / Tire valve stem question
Just lazy. So Jack it up to make sure the tire bead seal stays tight when I lose the air, and then replace it? Sorry for such dumb questions, but thanks much for the quick answer. I have been putting this off and need to get it done before Winter suddenly shows up here.

I see the extender picture. Not sure if the extender would push in the valve enough, if my fill head doesn't. It might. But I don't like the idea of another place to leak. I am thinking I will replace the valve and see what happens. Might learn something.....
Frank

/ Tire valve stem question #6  
You are refering to the valve core. I doubt that replacing it will make a difference. In more than 50 years and hundreds of tires,I don't recall a single time that I experienced what you are talking about (inability to put air in tire),,,,,,,,then about 10 years ago I thought something was wrong with the chuck on my air hose. I replaced the chuck and had the same problem. I have wrestled with the problem ever since. I somewhat solved the problem by keeping stem extensions in/on every truck,tractor,car and atv plus a few in shop near compressor. I haven't figured out whether the problem is with stems or chucks but it's a pita for sure.

Thanks, Jaxs, for your report. When shopping I did see different varieties of cores, some longer, some shorter, so I bought I longer one. Not sure what is in there, but I am going to find out. I do appreciate the great help on this site.

/ Tire valve stem question #8  
I see the extender picture. Not sure if the extender would push in the valve enough, if my fill head doesn't. It might. But I don't like the idea of another place to leak. I am thinking I will replace the valve and see what happens. Might learn something.....
Frank
Extenders work for me. I don't leave them on the stem. I screw the extender on,air tire up then remove extender and return it to where it will be handy next time.

/ Tire valve stem question #9  
My Kubota RTV front tire has a valve stem that seems screwed in too far, or something. I have trouble adding air - the little valve plunger in the valve is just too deep. So I bought another valve and tool. So, can I just remove the old one and quickly screw in the new one without jacking the RTV? How hard would it be to do this with the escaping air?

I have not done much with tires and nothing with valves, but I want to make this easy if it makes sense. I appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Frank
Try another chuck for your air hose.

Well, I used my tire gauge and a tire pump chuck, and I was able to read the pressure and add air if I pressed down. Not ideal, but the air pressure was good after a year. So I am thinking I should put off monkeying with this since it is working and we all know how easy it is to create your own trouble.
But thanks, all for the info.
Frank