Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care?

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #21  
That said when a Costco opens in a frontier it’s a celebration…

A couple of years back Ukiah CA welcomed Costco and it was a big celebration with lots of locals…

Shopping often meant traveling…

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #22  
One hybrid option we have started using is finding the stuff on Amazon then going directly to the manufacturer's website and order direct.

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #23  
I ordered a replacement cutter head for my norelco razor from amazon. Got a chinese knockoff that pulled the whiskers out of my face. Sent back for refund. Ordered a set from norelco, smooth as butter. If you want a knockoff shop amazon.

i priced out a surge suppressor outlet from Amazon yesterday. Was $10 more than the exact same one at bestbuy. Im going to be intown tomorrow anyways for lunch with a friend. Be careful what you blindly buy on amazon or ebay anymore.

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care?
   / Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #25  
Big box stores (and tractor dealers) could be built closer to customers, but they're not. Small stores could lower their prices and increase their stock to compete with them, but they won't. Frankly I miss home dairy delivery, the ice man, and the coal delivery truck. What do you think is going on these days? It's 'bad management'. Do they want our biz or not? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care?
I haven't been clothes shopping in 20 years; try finding anything in 3XL Tall. Carhart, Cabela's, and Filson online is the only way to go. I'm a huge Amazon shopper as well, no more shlepping around the big box guys either.
Can you get a discount on Filson from an on-line retailer? Years ago I could get 35% off from a shop where I used to live but that's gone away with an influx of better heeled tourists.

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #28  
I recently needed a part for my mom's mower and the local dealers wanted 4 times what it was online and they didn't even have it in stock. The locals didn't get my business.

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #29  
One hybrid option we have started using is finding the stuff on Amazon then going directly to the manufacturer's website and order direct.
A lot of manufacturer sites send you directly to Amazon.

I sometimes do similar though if I need something for my snowsled it ATV. Check prices online to see how badly I need it, then go to my local small engine repair shop and say “if you can get this item for “x” price I will take it. Invariably he is comparable, and I’ve gotten so much free advice over the years that I don’t mind if I do need to pay a bit extra.

/ Why do we keep driving to far away stores that are understocked, understaffed and don't care? #30  
Local overhead door was 4 times the price of the opener in hand...

I would have paid double but no way 4 times...

Don't do a lot of online orders plus having to keep track of sales tax at tax time is just one more thing but no longer the chore it once was with many now charging at point of sale.