/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS
   / FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #72  
^^^^^^
It may not work, but is worth a try. It's made to help snow slide off plows.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #73  
Thanks for those suggestions!! I will give it a try! Where can I buy UMHW?
I worked for a gravel company and about half of the dump trucks had the stuff lining their boxes. Those drivers spent a lot less time shoveling out spoils/waste/dirt excavated for construction sites than the rest of us. (Nothing like dumping out 24 yards of waste material and checking the boxes and finding 8 yards still in them.) I'm not sure how well it would work of frozen HS though, I think it would help some.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #74  
Just realized that when I say ā€˜backhoe bucketā€™ you guys think Iā€™m referring to the actual excavating bucketšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Noooo! Iā€™m generalizing!!! I load it into the front loader bucket!! šŸ˜Š
Horses need manure picked up every day or so and thatā€™s why itā€™s sometimes sitting in the bucket for a period of time!!
Ah well holy crap (no pun intended) that makes a lot more sense now!

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #75  
Does a sledge hammer applied to outside of bucket pop off frozen innards?
The obvious solution is to not store manure in the bucket. Donā€™t start the job if you can only do 1/2 of it.
Why canā€™t OP just pile up a bucket worth of manure in a pile on the ground until sheā€™s ready to take it? Either way she has to, or can, move tractor once every bucket load, and can use tractor or skid steer more readily because they always have empty buckets.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #76  
Does a sledge hammer applied to outside of bucket pop off frozen innards?
Short answer, no. And when shoveling wet material into a steel bucket that is only 0' F, it doesn't take long to freeze. In the past I've taken a 100K BTU torch to mine, just to clean wet snow out if we've had a rain/snow event which then came off cold.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #77  
Yes! Backhoe because I have a HUGE skidsteer bucket that is heaped with wood snd I donā€™t have time to unload it right now (And Iā€™m NOT dumping it in front of the shop, only to have to bend down to the ground to pick it all up AGAIN to take inside to stack! šŸ˜)
Where do you live? I live in the snow belt in Ontario, Canada. It was +6C (43F) yesterday during the day (a rare event in December here)ā€¦and it was -11C last night.

yup!šŸ˜ It usually is!
Yesterday it was 6C(43F) and by evening it was -11C (12F), high winds, 4ā€ of snow and everything frozen solid, until I went out at 4:00am and it was 5C (41F) and almost all of the snow had melted!!! So the snow that was coming down fast & furious while I was cleaning the paddock was also filling the backhoe bucket (and the dump trailer). After working in that crap, I was wet and frozen, and the LAST thing I wanted to do was drive out back & dump it- because at that point my fingers were so cold they were tingling & I was losing feeling!! šŸ˜
So, yup it froze. And a snowstorm is descending upon us as I speak. And -14C tonight!
So THAT is the craziness that helps contribute to buckets sitting & not getting dumped! šŸ˜‚
My location is listed under my name.

Bismarck, North Dakota.

Yeah, it gets cold here too. It was -2F this morning when I went to work. Didn't know we were competing on that one.

Pretty simple. Muck out the stall, drive the backhoe over to the "pile" and dump it. Then you don't have to worry about it freezing.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #78  
But if anybody has come up with a creative way t
If the stuff is sticking to it from setting overnight lift the bucket and leave it in the air or ya can't cos the hydraulics drain down put a contractor's type garbage bag over it

"custom bucket liners out of a certain plastic with specialized seam sealing and attachment to the bucket."
Make your own. CLean the bucket sand blast or abrade it and coat it with truck bed compound.
It won't hold up long to dirt work but it'll get ya by for manure.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS #79  
I guess if you live in Bismarck you have to prepare for things that a lot of us don't even think about.

/ FROZEN MANURE ON BUCKETS
If the stuff is sticking to it from setting overnight lift the bucket and leave it in the air or ya can't cos the hydraulics drain down put a contractor's type garbage bag over it

"custom bucket liners out of a certain plastic with specialized seam sealing and attachment to the bucket."
Make your own. CLean the bucket sand blast or abrade it and coat it with truck bed compound.
It won't hold up long to dirt work but it'll get ya by for manure.
Thanks! Definitely an idea to think about! Yesterday went from +15C in the day to -7C last night. šŸ¤Ŗ crazy weather!