Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#7,291  

This article covers the size of the Chinese EV industry.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #7,292  
Hopefully this may be of interest to some, illustrated by the charts.

Why the switch to EV? Pollution and migration away from oil dependency.
The world's largest producer of oil is the US, followed by Saudi Arabia and Russia.
ICEV requires fossil fuel to operate, while EV requires batteries to operate...but wait...batteries must be charged to operate.
So how is electricity generated? 60.6% is generated by fossil fuels.
Batteries: where do the materials come from to make the batteries?
Well, China by a wide margin, 80% (the US is ranked #15).
What country pollutes the most? China.

The bottom line is switching from ICEV to EV is accomplishing what? Instead of oil running the vehicles it's running the generators that make the electricity that charge the batteries primarily made in China...the world's largest polluter. Then some argue photovoltaics are the answer...free sun power. But again today nearly half the world's photovoltaics are manufactured in China.
Am I alone in seeing this? What am I missing?
I believe many people aren't seeing the big picture and understanding all of this as well as increased power consumption means power grid upgrades which that cost is passed on to the consumer.View attachment 728176View attachment 728178View attachment 728179View attachment 728181View attachment 728182View attachment 728183View attachment 728185

Thats why I keep trying to make the point that EV transformation basically shifts all our “energy wealth” to China. We are using their raw materials, their automobile assemblies and batteries and worst of all, were using the solar panels and windmills to recharge them.

Why is it so many sheep just fall in line with whatever the latest dictate tells them to do?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #7,297  
Stranded on a winter highway? Carry a shovel and a proper down filled sleeping bag. Build an igloo and you are all set!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#7,298  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #7,299  
Thats why I keep trying to make the point that EV transformation basically shifts all our “energy wealth” to China. We are using their raw materials, their automobile assemblies and batteries and worst of all, were using the solar panels and windmills to recharge them.

Why is it so many sheep just fall in line with whatever the latest dictate tells them to do?

But you have the cart in front of the horse here, EV isn't the problem, the problem started years ago and we line up and vote with our pocket books. People, not sheep, have been buying up all the inexpensive, none US stuff, they can get their hands on, and unless you are against Capitalism, that's the way it's going to be. That huge shift of wealth started years ago.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #7,300  
But you have the cart in front of the horse here, EV isn't the problem, the problem started years ago and we line up and vote with our pocket books. People, not sheep, have been buying up all the inexpensive, none US stuff, they can get their hands on, and unless you are against Capitalism, that's the way it's going to be. That huge shift of wealth started years ago.
Yeah but as of the last few years, EVs are rich boy toys. Of course I’m not against capitalism, but all countries use protectionism through tariffs or subsidies.

Status
Not open for further replies.