What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf?

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #11  
On new tractors, the tires are mounted prior to shipment so you can spec what you want so long as the manufacturer offers them, Dealers never mount tires on new units, they come mounted from the factory.

My dealer don't even fool with tires at all. He' like me, uses a farm tire retailer with the proper equipment. around here it's Miller Tire or Speck Tire. I use them both.

I believe Miller is a paid advertiser on this site as well.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #12  
Well, have to drive to different lots we own, and its agricultural so much is unpaved dirt, gravel, tile, asphalt millings, crushed rocks, you name it. So the rain can wash parts away or create deep potholes or deep dips, so it can be huge hole that you fall in then hit the bump on the other side. Thats the best way I can explain it..
So just unsafe speed? If it was the L3301 that's a fairly small tractor with small wheels, it's not going to like uneven terrain at all.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #13  
When I'm roading between fields on dirt roads, I'm usually running at rated rpm in high gear or 22 mph. Fast enough to get there but slow enough to be nosey too.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #14  
I got R4's and personally I think they're the cat's meow. They don't load up with dirt and mud like turfs, they actually tear my grass up LESS then the turfs mounted on my zero-turn, and I will go on record to say that those who ***** about them in snow DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE 4WD AND LOCKING DIFF!

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #15  
I'm happy for ya... In as much as I rarely drive mine on grass means little to me. Mine aren't lawnmowers anyway. Bit too big for that.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #16  
I’m ok with the R4’s they sure are tough and easy on the lawn. Ride pretty rough when roading especially when it’s cold outside. I’d consider R14’s I think there’s some YT videos on the comparison.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #18  
R1’s all the way
Get the wider R-1’s if they offer them.
You’ll get more flotation, less ruts than pizza cutters

1644010692383.png

1644011052668.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #19  
I got R4's and personally I think they're the cat's meow. They don't load up with dirt and mud like turfs, they actually tear my grass up LESS then the turfs mounted on my zero-turn, and I will go on record to say that those who ***** about them in snow DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE 4WD AND LOCKING DIFF!
I agree , Just plowed a mile of gravel rd and 4 long driveways covered in 10 inches of snow and ice , Loaded r4s . No chains and no problem with traction.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #20  
I'll go on record saying my R4's suck in snow. No lateral traction in snow/ice
Our parking area is on a slope, get a layer of packed down snow/ice and the tractor just slides sideways down the hill.
Can barely back up without sideways sliding down the hill, let alone trying to push a 9' snowplow