Telescoping stabilizer repair

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair #11  
Nice work! I'm not a fan of the newer style either. It's certainly quicker to adjust, but rarely just how I want it.
I also don't care for the leveling adjustment, which is threaded rod, but not as easy to use as the older crank style I was used to.
I never use the leveling rod because the only implement I tilt is the rear blade, and it has a tilt adjustment on the blade.

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair #13  
I have telescoping stabilizers on my M6040. I run a 1050# Rhino rear blade. My M6040 is "dressed" heavy. Without the rear blade - it weighs 9000+ pounds. For sure - the Rhino rear blade and its weight is all I would want on my tractor.

Just pondering - I wonder if your 1250# rear blade might be a tad heavy for the MX5100.

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair
I have telescoping stabilizers on my M6040. I run a 1050# Rhino rear blade. My M6040 is "dressed" heavy. Without the rear blade - it weighs 9000+ pounds. For sure - the Rhino rear blade and its weight is all I would want on my tractor.

Just pondering - I wonder if your 1250# rear blade might be a tad heavy for the MX5100.
Nope. I wouldnt want it any lighter.

I can always take smaller bites, or feather the controls. But nothing is more frustrating than a cheap light blade that refuses to cut whatever material you are trying to work with.

Its not just the blade either, its my 1600# cutter. And I mow ~400+ acres in total per year comprised of small 4-5 acre jobs. So thats alot of turning. Even an inch or two of play at the back of the hog is alot of inertia for the little pins in the stabilizers.

Fact of the matter is....as handy and quick as the telescoping stabilizers are...it is nearly impossible to get all the slop out like with turnbuckles. And the constant hammering of an implement from side to side when turning or working the implement.....continues to wear things out and get worse. Its a snowball effect.

The quick hitch is on the tractor 99% of the time. The ONLY times it comes off is once a year when I put on a 3-bottom plow to plow 3 acres, or during maple syrup season when I put forks on the back for hauling IBC totes. When the quick hitch is on....I want ZERO slop. And I could NEVER attain that with the telescoping stabilizers, and have been meaning to address it for awhile now. The fact that I lost half a stabilizer prompted me to fix it and quit procrastinating.

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair #15  
Nope. I wouldnt want it any lighter.

I can always take smaller bites, or feather the controls. But nothing is more frustrating than a cheap light blade that refuses to cut whatever material you are trying to work with.

Its not just the blade either, its my 1600# cutter. And I mow ~400+ acres in total per year comprised of small 4-5 acre jobs. So thats alot of turning. Even an inch or two of play at the back of the hog is alot of inertia for the little pins in the stabilizers.

Fact of the matter is....as handy and quick as the telescoping stabilizers are...it is nearly impossible to get all the slop out like with turnbuckles. And the constant hammering of an implement from side to side when turning or working the implement.....continues to wear things out and get worse. Its a snowball effect.

The quick hitch is on the tractor 99% of the time. The ONLY times it comes off is once a year when I put on a 3-bottom plow to plow 3 acres, or during maple syrup season when I put forks on the back for hauling IBC totes. When the quick hitch is on....I want ZERO slop. And I could NEVER attain that with the telescoping stabilizers, and have been meaning to address it for awhile now. The fact that I lost half a stabilizer prompted me to fix it and quit procrastinating.
I use a 1000# 8’ Bison blade with my MX6000. It handles the blade beautifully. I don’t get much sway from the stabilizer pins. Maybe because my tractor is new and the stabilizer pins aren’t worn?

I use a 1000# 8’ Bison blade with my MX6000. It handles the blade beautifully. I don’t get much sway from the stabilizer pins. Maybe because my tractor is new and the stabilizer pins aren’t worn?
Possibly because its still new. And maybe the blade is just the perfect width to get a pin just right.

I always find I cant quite drop the pin that I want....and have to concede and go to the next looser hole. No the slop isnt much....but 1-2" of slop at the implement is enough inertia when making turns or uneven ground that you definitely feel the slop side to side.

This post wasnt about looking for suggestions, or questioning implements of choice, or how much slop is too much. IT was about my personal issues with the setup and how I fixed it incase others ever have had similar issues.

The convenience of telescoping stabilizers is moot when it wears a quick hitch 99% of the time

And yes, a heavy 8' blade is about perfect for the MX. My Frontier 2308 is probably very similar to your bison. And definitaly a good match for the MX platform, especially with loaded AG tires and wheel weights. (My tractor is also trimmed out heavy)

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair #17  
I have noticed on my adjustable stabilizers that they seem to have a bit of a spring built into them.
What I do if an implements sway is bothering me, is to unpin both sides, get the implement were I want it and
put a pin in then push it back and forth and if needed I'll repin the first side then go around and push the implement to the
max travel and then pin that side, very little sway after that.

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair #18  
I do the same and I've never had any stabilizer arm issue with either of my M9000's., but they are pretty stout to begin with and...

When I run my Landpride 3 point 8 foot wide mount chopper, I always drop the stabilizer pins in the slotted slots on the stabilizer arms because you want the chopper to move laterally side to side when using it and cornering anyway. That reduces the side loading on the arms and 3 point assembly quite a bit, especially if the tailwheel digs in at all. Now my pull behind Landpride batwing don't require anything but the drawbar to attach.

Never had issue one with the stabilizer arms or the bevel crank box. I had issues in the past with the chain stabilizer stays breaking however.

The rear on my M9's appears to be about twice as 'beefy' as the OP's rear.

The rear on my M9's appears to be about twice as 'beefy' as the OP's rear.
I would certainly hope.
3800# tractor vs 6200#
51hp vs 92hp
2800lb rear lift vs 5500lb

/ Telescoping stabilizer repair #20  
Hmmm ..... forty plus years maintaining my mile long driveway and all other stuff around the 80.. I have NEVER run with my stabilizer bars at zero slop. I ALWAYS have had an inch or so of movement - left/right of dead center.

Luck - maybe. But for over forty years - I think not. However - it's not my intention to change ANYBODIES way of doing things. Just be safe and do "it" the way that works best for you.