Weight of tyres after filling with water

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #1  

13gef13

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar ym1510d Kioti ds3510 Kioti EX5310
I need to know how much weight I added whe I filled my tyres with water. The rears are 30.6-26 and the fronts are 9.5-16 (Kioti EX5310). Need to know so I don't overload my trailer.
Thanks, Geoff

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #2  
Messicks has a good chart on their website. Here is the link: Liquid Tire Ballast Chart

I've been in the same situation as you.

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water
Messicks has a good chart on their website. Here is the link: Liquid Tire Ballast Chart

I've been in the same situation as you.
That was a help, thanks It works out at approx 360kg, a lot more than I thought. Will have to come up with plan B.
Thanks for that, Geoff

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #4  
Speaking of liquid tire/tyre ballast, do the tires need to be filled most of the way? Would filling only 1/3 of the volume be a problem? Could the sloshing liquid cause some sort of instability that would send the tractor, and the operator, arse/ass over tea kettle?
Seriously though, could the sloshing liquid be a problem? If not then maybe the OP could use less and not overload the trailer.
Eric

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #5  
Also,loading the front tires can be a bad idea.
Good Luck!

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #7  
.You didn't keep up with how many gallons you put in?

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #8  
Why? Mine have loaded for 25 years and I've not seen an issue.

I've always heard loading front tires is generally not recommended. I checked my Kubota manual, and this is what Kubota had to say:

"Do not fill the front wheels with liquid to maintain steering control"
I would imagine that at higher ground speeds the front wheels could be harder to steer?

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #9  
Your that close to your trailer capacity that you cant add about 1800lbs?

/ Weight of tyres after filling with water #10  
Speaking of liquid tire/tyre ballast, do the tires need to be filled most of the way? Would filling only 1/3 of the volume be a problem? Could the sloshing liquid cause some sort of instability that would send the tractor, and the operator, arse/ass over tea kettle?
Seriously though, could the sloshing liquid be a problem? If not then maybe the OP could use less and not overload the trailer.
Eric
I filled mine to the top of the rim. I figure that keeps the C/G lower. There is a bit of sloshing when coming to a complete stop.

Kevin