The high cost of cutting grass

/ The high cost of cutting grass #1  

johara1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
Can you guess what it is going to cost to cut grass this year...... when you need to cut twice a week .... My 4500P takes 3 hours to cut without trimming so at 5.00 @ gal. thats 15.00 twice a week. I may have to change how much I cut and how often...
The war will and did raise the prices here all ready and now a refinery blows up down south, that should send it through the roof..... Jim

/ The high cost of cutting grass #2  
Can you guess what it is going to cost to cut grass this year...... when you need to cut twice a week .... My 4500P takes 3 hours to cut without trimming so at 5.00 @ gal. thats 15.00 twice a week. I may have to change how much I cut and how often...
The war will and did raise the prices here all ready and now a refinery blows up down south, that should send it through the roof..... Jim
Get some sheep.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #4  
Get some sheep.

In our area coyotes would like to see more sheep 🙄

By the way, I once visited a guy who had sheep and was living on an island - his yard was full of sheep poop and you really had to watch your step outside.....

Last edited:
   / The high cost of cutting grass #5  
Get some sheep.

That did not work out well for Clarkson.

1645627184368.png

/ The high cost of cutting grass #6  
In my area the coyotes would just LOVE a change in their diet - to sheep. Pocket gophers and mice tend to get stuck in their teeth.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #7  
Well heck, just trade your tractor/mower for an electric!

/ The high cost of cutting grass #8  
I think I would embrace a change from city life to country life. Cut your grass three times a year. Your country animals will really appreciate this.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #9  
In my area the coyotes would just LOVE a change in their diet - to sheep. Pocket gophers and mice tend to get stuck in their teeth.
That’s what Australian shepherds and border collies are for. My sons raised 4H lambs and our Australian shepherd used to herd the lambs and chase the coyotes.

/ The high cost of cutting grass #10  
That’s what Australian shepherds and border collies are for. My sons raised 4H lambs and our Australian shepherd used to herd the lambs and chase the coyotes.
I think mine is broken. He sees coyotes and he just watches them. He would rather chase his frisbee. Now the corgi, I have seen chase a mama moose with her calf. He backs down from nothing.

20190831_164813_resized.jpg

20210221_131241.jpg

20210402_155628_resized.jpg

20210504_183420_resized.jpg