Highway robbery!

/ Highway robbery! #42  
Y’all been checking your insurance premiums?

Between the doubling of the cost of materials, increased real-estate values & automobile prices insurance has become incredibly expensive. I just got my new farm owners policy and it went up 25%.

I bet insurance wont drop a nickel when all the real estate wood & steel prices collapse.

/ Highway robbery! #43  

Between the doubling of the cost of materials, increased real-estate values & automobile prices insurance has become incredibly expensive. I just got my new farm owners policy and it went up 25%.

I bet insurance wont drop a nickel when all the real estate wood & steel prices collapse.
Absolutely correct. Nor will gas prices. If/when they do drop, it will not be to the previous level. It's a game that we the consumer can only win - with our pocket books.

/ Highway robbery! #44  
Absolutely correct. Nor will gas prices. If/when they do drop, it will not be to the previous level. It's a game that we the consumer can only win - with our pocket books.
And how do we “win” by paying higher than previous fuel prices?
I cant refuse to buy fuel and stay home, I have to buy fuel to run my business. Just sayin

/ Highway robbery! #45  

I dunno, I just got my auto insurance renewal bills, and the prices were down from the previous year. Granted, my vehicles are older and I just carry liability but still nice to see something that isn't going up.
That’s like what my brother posted on FB years ago. When we were growing up we are a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches made with Velveeta. About 10 years ago he asked “Have they changed the recipe of or was it always this bad?”
No Tom, that stuff was always nasty. We were kids and didn’t know better.

Besides, it tasted good!!
Maybe 40 years ago I had a GF who had a pre-school aged child. He absolutely LOVED canned spaghetti!! Ugh, nasty stuff, though I probably liked it when I was a kid too.
My father was never much of a cook, and those nights my mother was away and he'd make supper it was always grill cheese sandwiches. He did use real cheese though.

/ Highway robbery! #46  
Maybe 40 years ago I had a GF who had a pre-school aged child. He absolutely LOVED canned spaghetti!! Ugh, nasty stuff, though I probably liked it when I was a kid too.
My father was never much of a cook, and those nights my mother was away and he'd make supper it was always grill cheese sandwiches. He did use real cheese though.
My younger siblings used to love spagettios... BLEAH! I am probably too fussy, I don't generally even buy canned spagetti sauce. I would rather keep the ingredients on hand and make my own.

/ Highway robbery! #47  
I dunno, I just got my auto insurance renewal bills, and the prices were down from the previous year. Granted, my vehicles are older and I just carry liability but still nice to see something that isn't going up.

Could be a myriad of reasons. Age, driving record, etc.
In general, insurance rates are rising, now that everything costs more to replace.

/ Highway robbery! #49  
The only way this changes is if government shrinks it's spending and or increases taxes. Austerity is the answer.

The formula is simple.

GDP = Private consumption + private investment + government investment + government spending + net exports (exports - imports).

We don't want to hamper the first three as that is an economy's engine. Net exports is hard deal with as it's better to have things made in places it's the cheapest to produce. That only leaves government spending, which they have never seen a problem that can't be fixed by throwing more money at it.