Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,271  
Been testing 3/8LP 325 and full 3/8 on that echo 490 that was blind ported by local. He got it little rough on the base on a corner area, but the dirko for base seal got her running good. Base needs about another .020 off it for tighter squish.

e490cccccc.jpg
e490ccccc.jpg
e490cccc.jpg
e490ccc.jpg
h37216.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,272  
my husky has been leaking oil when stored. So far the only position it has not leaked, is on it’s side as if i were filling up the gas. Is this normal?

#1,273  
Model? Some of them have updated oiler lines. I even tried dirko around some and it slowed them down.

h353oe2.jpg

#1,275  
Newer 440
I take care of a couple 440 local. Never seen one just leak out. Just normal dripping from running and shut off.

Try cracking taking off your oil cap after running before putting up.

IPL shows a simple oiler with single line. If issues after trying above get in there for a look. Oil Hose [544084202] for Power Tools | eReplacement Parts

Not a saw I would recommended myself.

Pics of the 2 I repaired last go around.

h440.jpg
h440x.jpg
h440e.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,276  
Thanks. I will try loosening the oil cap.

Those look abused. Mine is in good shape and works well.... just leaks when stored.

#1,277  
Not abused the 2nd one above is like new with very light use. The spring assist recoil is a weak link and known by anyone that works on them.

1st one was a guy that placed saw on the ground and wife backed over it. 🤦‍♂️

h440ee.jpg

#1,279  
Order 2 OEM coils for a 22hp kaw twin that uses same coil on both cylinders. They cant even ship 2 of the same coil. 🤦

Least they got it half right I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Thank goodness most saws use 1 😇
Dads bought new saw 1994 that had been road hard. Replaced AV's, intake boot and lines. Cleaned up a bit years back.

coils4334.jpg
p3300dads.jpg