Suggestions for light weight pallet forks

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #1  

AlmostThere

Tractor
2011 LS 5020c, 2021 MF GC1723EB
I have a subcompact 2021 MF GC1723EB that I would like to get Skid Steer quick attach pallet forks. This tractor has limited lift abilities, it could not lift a 540# tiller out of my utility trailer using chains on the bucket but could barely lift it once on the ground. I really don't want to use clamp on forks since that will reduce lift even more by adding distance to the FEL. Obviously I don't require greater than 1000# capacity since it would not be able to lift that anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #2  
I've been quite satisfied with my 42" set from Titan (palletforks.com); to give an honest evaluation I need to say that the fit and finish is mediocre at best, however they were affordable and have proven themselves invaluable.

20200513_160752.jpg

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #3  
I have the quick attach pallet forks for my JD1025R, and I'm very happy with them. One little trick for lifting the occasional "just a little too heavy" load (and making sure you use ballast) is to consider taking the forks off the frame to save the weight of the forks themselves, if you can safely tie the load to the fork frame for the one lift. It'll give you an extra 100 pounds lift capacity.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #4  
I believe the frame and forks from Artillian will be the lightest you will find, likely also the priciest. Very nice product and the frame can be used with many attachments thus obtaining more value.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #5  
I got the smallest, lightest, 42-inchers that were adjustable and had a bit of headache rack, albeit for my larger bobcat 2025. Mine are cid and I'd guess roughly equivalent to the Titan product. You're right to not want to " over-fork" your tractor, but I think you'll be disappointed if you go with the very lightest offerings that don't feature the 2 items I mentioned above. Or at least, ability to adjust fork spacing.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #6  
What is it that you will be lifting? Just wondering if what you need to do could be done with a chain(s) or strap around the bucket instead of heavier forks; that would help reduce the weight limitations a bit.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #8  
I can understand SSQA pallet forks on the 2011 LS 5020c, which shows in your T-B-N PROFILE.

SSQA pallet forks make no sense to me attached to a 2021 MF GC1723EB.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR

I really don't want to use clamp on forks since that will reduce lift more by adding distance to the FEL.

The weight of SSQA paraphernalia, ~120 pounds~ will detract from
every lift as much as more than forward mounting of clamp on pallet forks. Clamp-on forks can be removed when not needed, minimizing payload penalty.

Consider a $249
TPH Boom Pole for your irregular lifting needs. Heavy lifts are more safely accomplished from the TPH.

VENDER:

VIDEOS:

Last edited:
   / Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #9  
the bush on the left was about 600lbs. Just tilted back towards bucket to lift.
Get the SSQA forks, short and moveable and you will be amazed what you can lift closer to the "pins"
Move the 600lbs 2 feet in and probably get 800-900 lift.
I have clamp ons due to cost and need to be carefull not to bend the bucket while moving.
TreeTractor20220425_170012.jpg

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #10  
I have a subcompact 2021 MF GC1723EB that I would like to get Skid Steer quick attach pallet forks. This tractor has limited lift abilities, it could not lift a 540# tiller out of my utility trailer using chains on the bucket but could barely lift it once on the ground. I really don't want to use clamp on forks since that will reduce lift even more by adding distance to the FEL. Obviously I don't require greater than 1000# capacity since it would not be able to lift that anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you want to maximize lift capability, the Land Pride PFL1242 at 220lbs are probably the lightest you'll find. They're made specifically for tractors your size, but even if you upgrade to a bigger tractor you likely won't exceed their lift limit.

Most other manufacturers start at 2,000lb lift and typically weight over 300lbs, the ones below are the lightest I've found.

Everything Attachments has the lightest 2,000lb forks at 235lbs, but with a 5 month wait.
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...ompact-Tractor-pallet-Forks-p/eta-scpf-42.htm

Bobcat has 275lb 2,200lb forks.

Woods also has 275lb 2,500lb forks.