Pats. Why bent washers?

/ Pats. Why bent washers? #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
So I’ve had Pats on my tractor for a while. There are bent washers you use between the pin and Pats. Why are these washers bent?
733A2026-26A6-4293-A0C5-1F17212BCBC0.png

/ Pats. Why bent washers? #2  
They are bent such that the pin can capture them. i lost most of ours and simply purchased nice steel washers. They serve the same purpose and do not mess with the horizontal movement of the attachment.

I do have to pull the pins and remove the washers to pick up to keep the washer out of the way. Pats folded washer eliminates the need to remove the pin and washer in most applications.

/ Pats. Why bent washers? #3  
Put flat washers on and you will learn this mystery, grasshopper.

/ Pats. Why bent washers? #5  
At first it made no sense. NOW I can see why. The pin holds the bent washer in place. Keeps the washer from moving horizontally and into the space where the "easy connect" fitting goes.

Last edited:
   / Pats. Why bent washers? #6  
At first it made no sense. NOW I can see why. The pin holds the bent washer in place. Keeps the washer from moving horizontally and into the space where where the "easy connect" fitting goes.
I wouldn't want to be without them. Love my easy hitch. It has made changing implements a pleasure, not a pita.

/ Pats. Why bent washers? #7  
They are pricey. You will loose lynch pins and washers. Just a fact. The cost of the washers run from $3.99 to $10.99 for two. I bought a whole bunch of thick durable flat washers for what it cost to buy 2 PATs washers.

As said, the only downside is often I need to take the pin washer off to get the attachment on. In fact, even with the PATS washers, I often had to take one off to get things to snap in.

Its a clever way to hold the washer. I don't see the value at $3,99 a pair.

I love the PATs solution and would not be without it. I just don't see the need for the special washer.

Right, they say it takes the jaws of life to open my wallet!

Last edited:
   / Pats. Why bent washers? #8  
I don't know that I would see the need to buy bent washers at an inflated price, I am confident that you could bend them yourself, the bigger question for me is why didn't the early models of the Pat's quick hitch come with the spreader bar, mine didn't and I could see where it would be handy.

/ Pats. Why bent washers?
At first it made no sense. NOW I can see why. The pin holds the bent washer in place. Keeps the washer from moving horizontally and into the space where where the "easy connect" fitting goes.
That makes sense. I always take the washers and the pins off. Mine only came with 4 washers so I would need to buy more if I wanted to leave them on.

Mine came with a spreader bar. When they were on my Kubota I needed the bar on my JD I don’t. Kubotas anti sway links pull in on the lower arms when tight and JDs push out on the lower arms, if that makes sense.

/ Pats. Why bent washers? #10  
I don't know that I would see the need to buy bent washers at an inflated price, I am confident that you could bend them yourself, the bigger question for me is why didn't the early models of the Pat's quick hitch come with the spreader bar, mine didn't and I could see where it would be handy.
The bar was optional.