Premium UDT Oil for Kubota

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #1  

Oldtoad

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310, Bolens-Isiki
$50 per gallon on Amazon, of course that is the Super UDT2.
$120 per 5 gal a Messics, $60 at TSC.
Before it goes unobtainium, where do you guys get it??

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #2  
So far as I am aware, there is no "aftermarket" hydraulic fluid that matches the requirements for a Kubota that is designed for using the Super UDT2. The $60 TSC fluid would not meet the requirements.

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #3  
I get sudt/2 at the dealer. Last year Kubota offered a discount somehow based on the number of machines owned. I got 15 gallons at the time at a reasonable price.
The problem with"compatible" fluids is there is practically no regulation in what an aftermarket supplier can claim. Terms like "compatible with, "suitable for use in", etc mean nothing to me. I suspect part of the problem is that oem's do not publish fluid specifications when it comes to hst fluid ?

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #4  
I get sudt/2 at the dealer. Last year Kubota offered a discount somehow based on the number of machines owned. I got 15 gallons at the time at a reasonable price.
The problem with"compatible" fluids is there is practically no regulation in what an aftermarket supplier can claim. Terms like "compatible with, "suitable for use in", etc mean nothing to me. I suspect part of the problem is that oem's do not publish fluid specifications when it comes to hst fluid ?

I've come to the same conclusion. Motor oil has definite testing & accepted published specifications. But HST fluid seems to be based on internal manufacturing specs and apparently differs with each HST manufacturer.

One thing that does seem to be true is that the various types of HST are compatible with each other, but that just makes things more confusing.
rScotty

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #5  
I've come to the same conclusion. Motor oil has definite testing & accepted published specifications. But HST fluid seems to be based on internal manufacturing specs and apparently differs with each HST manufacturer.

One thing that does seem to be true is that the various types of HST are compatible with each other, but that just makes things more confusing.
rScotty

It is confusing. As others noted "compatible" could mean almost anything, like - "will mix without gelling up", "will not react explosively", "will not foam up and bubble out the vents" . . . to - "by the time you notice the HST does not work, we will be long gone".

To me, a relative novice, a potential HST repair looms so expensive that feeling "ripped off" using the Kubota Fluid is a small indignity to suffer.

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #6  
Only reason to use super udt is for non foaming. Like an attachment such as a mulcher or bush hog on a skid steer. Burned a JD down because it couldn't perform because they don't have anti foaming fluid. On a tractor you can get by having half udt in it. I know what they say but I worked for the Kubota boys for a while

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #7  
It is confusing. As others noted "compatible" could mean almost anything, like - "will mix without gelling up", "will not react explosively", "will not foam up and bubble out the vents" . . . to - "by the time you notice the HST does not work, we will be long gone".

To me, a relative novice, a potential HST repair looms so expensive that feeling "ripped off" using the Kubota Fluid is a small indignity to suffer.

Yes. Maybe "compatible" is too strong a word. Maybe I should have said, "not obviously incompatible" ... or something like that. I don't blame you for being cautious, I am myself.

But I'm also aware that tractors and industrial equipment of all kinds have been swapping attachements and using rental equipment for decades now. That means a lot of real expensive equipment constantly mixing fluid with whatever unknown fluid is in the hydraulics of the rentals - which I doubt is SUDT. To me that is scary, but I have to say that by now if there was a compatibility problem I think us mechanical guys would have at least heard rumors..... and I've heard none.
rScotty

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #8  
I bought some Kubota UDT2 on Amazon and some on ebay. There wasn't much difference in price or delivery time. Saved me an hour+ trip to the dealership.

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota
Checked fleaBay and Amzon, went to the closest Kubota shop.
2ea 5gal @ $125ea, 1 of the 2 required filters, 2.5 gal, almost $400.
Guy there said some parts are trickling in. Future so bright, I need shades.

/ Premium UDT Oil for Kubota #10  

rScotty
proprietary of course