Road Rage, revisited.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #111  
I have to make a left turn at a stoplight that only allows about 3 cars through before it turns red. I don't appreciate being behind somebody that is apparently looking at their cell phone and sitting through the green light. I do use my horn when that happens.

/ Road Rage, revisited.
I have to make a left turn at a stoplight that only allows about 3 cars through before it turns red. I don't appreciate being behind somebody that is apparently looking at their cell phone and sitting through the green light. I do use my horn when that happens.
We had one like that when getting onto the interstate. You often would sit through 3 or 4 cycles before it was your turn to go. Being an onramp, there was also traffic entering from the other direction which had a yield sign. You wouldn't believe how many people would stop and let the person at the yield sign go first... completely oblivious to the guy two cars back who had to stop crossways in the intersection, as the light turned red and traffic started coming at him from the other direction.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #113  
I've only had three speeding tickets in the 48 years I've been driving. All of them where in remote areas and due to airplane surveillance. Never fought them, cause, well, I was doing 100 miles an hour. Back then, it was just a fine.

If you see large white perpendicular lines, ever 1/4 mile along the side of the road, it means there is airplane speed enforcement. :)

/ Road Rage, revisited. #115  
I always find the "Speed Enforced By Aircraft" signs ironic.

They should more accurately read "Speed Monitored By Aircraft".

They would be using A10-Warthogs firing .50 cal rounds if they were truly "enforcing" the speed limit.

(And suddenly everyone is driving 55mph!)

/ Road Rage, revisited. #116  
When 55 was the National law, and I had to drive West Coast to the East Coast, through the vast nothingness that is the South West, I would have welcomed an A-10 strafing the side of the road as a reminder to slow down. :) However A-10s don't have .50 Cal guns.... :)

Last edited:
   / Road Rage, revisited.
When 55 was the National law, and I had to drive West Coast to the East Coast, through the vast nothingness that is the South West, I would have welcomed an A-10 strafing the side of the road as a reminder to slow down. :) However A-10s don't have .50 Cal guns.... :)
In 1988 I worked with a college student from Missoula. He stated that the summons for going over 55 was for "Squandering a National Resource" and that the fine was 1 dollar, payable to the officer. I don't know if it was true or not but it sure made a good story.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #118  
I keep wondering when the price of fuel will cause people to slow down from a gas guzzling 80 to something reasonable?

/ Road Rage, revisited. #119  
I keep wondering when the price of fuel will cause people to slow down from a gas guzzling 80 to something reasonable?
You are looking in the wrong places for answers that will never materialize. Little minds that can't compete in the arena of life's challenges find validation behind the wheel of their car going faster than the car they just passed.

/ Road Rage, revisited. #120  
No, I really don't think it will. I have been thinking about this myself as I cruise around in my 14mpg 2500HD lately. If I slowed down a bit, I could probably save.... a couple dollars a month? No thanks, I guess I'd rather still save 10 minutes per day of driving and just pay the surcharge.

Besides, on our busy Michigan highways, when you're bumper to bumper at 80 mph, there's not nearly as much aerodynamic penalty, because everyone is essentially drafting the car in front of them.