TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #11  
Switched all relays, same little click when I turn key for each relay swap. I assume relays and fuses are fine after checking panels.
So I still have a PTO icon and no crank. Plenty of fuel, no starving. Fuel not an issue. I cant get that PTO icon to go out. You mentioned fuel solenoid- why would that cause PTO switch error? And wouldn't engine crank even w/ no fuel?
Tractor stopped moment the wires were pulled by brush. The piece of brush (1/2") was right there at the neutral/pto switch wires. I removed stalk and reconnected wires but still have a pto light. That the engine stopped that same moment has me flummoxed. Need to solve pto switch first so can crank engine fuel solenoid or not.
If your PTO light is on your tractor will never turn over that is a safety feature. The PTO Safety Start Relay has not been made and without it closing there will be no power supplied to your starter.

While you reconnected the wires there could be a break in them somewhere that you can not see because they were stressed.

If you have a meter you could check continuity of the wires from the switch back to the relay.

Getting the PTO Safety Start Relay to close is the first step.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #12  
If the PTO light is staying ON... you need to make sure you check Fuse #2 again...

If you turn on the ignition and the PTO light comes on with the PTO lever at OFF, then fuse #2 is most likely blown. When fuse #2 blows or the neutral safety or PTO safety interlock switches are open, the starter motor will not crank.

You can also bypass your PTO Switch by just connecting the 2 wire on the tractor harness that normally connect to the safety interlock switch. But make sure you check fuse #2 first.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #13  
That diagram shows four "safe start" features.
1. Rear PTO
2. Mid-PTO
3. Transmission Neutral
4. Parking Brake

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #14  
I think it is fuse #1 if I'm reading the manual correctly, but maybe there are variations throughout the years that have them labeled differently and honestly its not that difficult to check them all with a meter.

1655473688659.png

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on.
Yes, 30 amp fine as are all other fuses and relays. The neutral/rear pto safety switch is my next look. Gonna pull it and see.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on.
1. Rear PTO
2. Mid-PTO
3. Transmission Neutral
4. Parking Brake
1 & 3 are on same switch at side of trans. Gonna pull it. Wonder if the sender somehow fails?

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #17  
1. Rear PTO
2. Mid-PTO
3. Transmission Neutral
4. Parking Brake
It does, but I'm pretty sure the one that is definitely stopping him and the issue that is making the PTO light come on is either his Mid or Rear PTO switches.

Maybe his Mid PTO wires became disconnected as well.

Mid pto button switch wires look/feel fine. They are located higher up where brush is less of a factor.
On key turn the yellow pto indicator light, green "540" and red "600" illuminate. The numbers stay on 3 seconds or so then go out leaving just the yellow pto indicator lit.
My rear pto/neutral switch bad? Gotta pull it, doesn't look too difficult. Got the tractor in out of the field and in dry quiet garage now, makes the work easier. Thanks.

If the PTO light is staying ON... you need to make sure you check Fuse #2 again...

If you turn on the ignition and the PTO light comes on with the PTO lever at OFF, then fuse #2 is most likely blown. When fuse #2 blows or the neutral safety or PTO safety interlock switches are open, the starter motor will not crank.

You can also bypass your PTO Switch by just connecting the 2 wire on the tractor harness that normally connect to the safety interlock switch. But make sure you check fuse #2 first.
Gonna put those fuses on a meter and check them again. Like that idea, thanks.

Fuse #1 was the culprit! Love to hear that crank.
I had field inspected all fuses yesty but fuse looked good then. Fuse #2 is good.
Thx for the reminder to ck fuses on a meter!