So many "advice givers" want us to declutter.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
quoting Marie Kondo they tell us to keep only that which is necessary and makes us happy. That using that as our guiding north star will help us get rid of all that clutter.
I suppose if one is a bonafide hoarder, but I hoard other stuff.
I hoard oddments of steel bits of things, bolts, nuts, screws, lengths of pipe, aluminum or steel rod & bar stock and those funny shaped castings or machined parts that I take out of things I disassemble and toss.

I can't tell you how often I use those things and how much they save me financially because I don't have to buy something.

I will admit that keeping them using any kind of organization is hopeless. I just have to remember them.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #2  
I am also a collector of mechanical fasteners and the like. My over 50 year old collection has saved my bacon as well as the neighbors from having to drive the 40 mile round trip in search of fasteners or other such maintenance items. With today's fuel prices, my collections have become doubly valuable.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #3  
I hoard fasteners also. One bucket each for bolts, nuts, washers, screws, misc.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #4  
I have lately thought of a business opportunity for my fasteners/material scraps/oddments/etc. Time will tell if it works.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #5  
My rural neighbors call me the Sunday hardware store for bolts, plumbing fittings and odds and ends on a weekend.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #6  
I’m afflicted with the same disease. I gave up hope long ago for the cure.

Every time I try to throw some loose fasteners or extra parts that came with some kit in the trash I get a sick feeling in my gut that is worse than the frustration I feel when my parts drawers won’t close because I have too much stuff piled in them.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #7  
My job has me walking through an area where a lot of large vehicles are parked and maintained. The weight of washers, nuts and bolts I have collected over a few years has got to be in the hundreds of pounds. And most of that is already put to work. I’m a big believer in a personal bone yard.

/ So many "advice givers" want us to declutter. #8  
I have been organizing my collection of fasteners, fittings, electrical connectors and doodads. I have about 60 of these organizers full of "stuff." Some of it I will probably never use, but there's not much in the line of fasteners and fittings that I need that I don't have, with the exception of metric fasteners.

1655863481555.jpeg