Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes?

/ Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes?
10/4, thanks. More welds inbound. I’ll probably stop and get bigger rods. Welder is Hobart stickmate, dc, ep.

/ Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes? #12  
This a real good project! I'd like to fab a quick attach for myself sometime as well. You should be fine with 1/8" rods I think. LittleBittyBigJohn posted the pattern for multiple passes, can't go wrong with that. But personally, I'd do 1-2-3 and leave it at that....but then I'm a total hack at welding (and at everything else).

Lol. 95f, 75 plus humidity, heating up 3/4 plate, lots of smoke, and dripping sweat on your lens. Winter welding is much funner. I’m used to digging groundwork’s in slabs in this weather, not welding. Guess I was trying to minimize weld time.

/ Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes? #14  
It's not full pen?

/ Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes? #15  
That is not too bad a looking weld :).
Giving the mill scale a rub with a grinder would have helped a bit as well.
If you're not comfortable doing a weave, add two more passes as in position 2 and 3 as in the pic above, watch the undercut as you have a bit on the first pass. If you don't feel the bead is high enough in the middle, go for number 4 but you should be able to get it in two more passes with a slight weave to each.
Take the chill off the plate before you start.
Tip the joint so you're going slightly uphill will help with seeing the puddle, it'll keep the slag behind you.
Don't weld all one side first to keep from pulling the side in, alternate from side to side.............Mike

/ Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes? #16  
   / Will this hold or crack over time? Do more passes? #17  
I’d run at least 2 more beads down every edge.

I’m done. I did a pass and it immediately warped. I freaked because I had it braced good when I welded it originally and it stayed perfectly at 9” id. I pooped…so i got a bottle jack and got some braces inside. Well, the braces were what I could grab quickly that was beefy and they were in my way the whole time welding the inside. So I was po’d the whole time but welded it up. Looks like poop but I’m confident its overkill. Thinking I should have just got bigger rods and did the one pass In the first place. Anyways got done, took braces out, with use of bottle jack again, and boom, right back to 8 3/4” id. Grrrrr. So I got the bottle jack and took it to 9 1/2” and it was a success. 9” id. Was it going to warp even if i braced it before I began? heres some pics.
43AF9551-95C0-4EB3-8806-CF6AADB2078A.jpeg
39A52535-32BC-454B-9F59-24737092A92F.jpeg
791C79D4-27D0-4490-8B8A-1C70C6AE29D0.jpeg
69216AE7-CCA8-4571-AB80-E524B4A9AD33.jpeg

This is of coarse cherry picked. Inside is a mess cause of the braces, starting/stopping, bad rod angle.

anyways, thanks guys. Still trying to find a bucket. Nobody has one. The pin on kubota loader buckets from small tractors used to be plentiful cause kubota would ship them with the pin ons and dealer had to change them to quick attach. Kubota finally got smart and stopped sending the pin ons from factory. We’ll find one.

IF my welds looked that good and the piece I made fit that good I would be one happy camper....
I think its mostly the 7018 rods. Why I use them, they look a little better. The 6010/11 look more like a mig when I use them. <<<<<< like that. 7018 just lay down like ((((((((((. Reminds me of what the painters say about the trim carpenters i work around, caulk and paint make them the carpenters they ain’t.